What's new

Eclipse Cd3413 For 1977 Camero Z28? (1 Viewer)

MichaelGO

Auditioning
MY WIFE HAS A 1977 CAMERO Z28 THAT SHE DRIVES ABOUT ONCE A WEEK. SHE IS NOT A REAL AUDIOPHILE AND JUST WANTS A GOOD QUALITY SYSTEM THAT IS NOT TO EXPENSIVE. I HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED BY TWO LOCAL SHOPS THAT THE ECLIPSE CD3413 WITH ECLIPSE 6X9 REAR SPEAKERS IS THE BEST WAY TO GO. DO YOU HAVE ANY REVIEWS ON THESE OR RECOMMENDATIONS. IT SHOULD BE ABOUT $400 INSTALLED. ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME IS MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANK YOU.
:b

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
great choices.
If you don't mind a bit of cutting on the doors, you could add a pair of 6.5" coaxials up front that would really round out that system.

having all of the sound in the rear deck really destroys the soundstage.

Benjamen

Auditioning
Hey MichaelGO, hope I'm not too late. I've got a 79 Camaro and have been playing the car stereo game for many years. That is not too bad of a price for an Eclipse system installed. The 6x9's in the rear deck sound awesome in the 2 gen camaro's if your not concerned with soundstage. I had a pair of pioneer 6x9's amplified and people thought I had a subwoofer in the trunk because of how loud they were. Since your wife is not a real audiophile and your on a budget, I would keep it simple and do what was suggested. However, if you would like to save some more cash, here are some suggestions:

1) Get a pioneer deck. I've had almost all brands through the years and pioneer wins hands down for bang for the buck and quality. I suggest getting one with the adjustable crossover points, I believe it should be the DEH-P3xxx. Don't get me wrong, Eclipse makes EXCELLENT decks, but I feel you get much more for your money with Pioneer.

2) Buy the 6x9's online and install them yourself. The only reason I have a shop ever install something is because sometimes the stereo equipment manufacturer will give you a longer warranty if its installed by an authorized dealer. A really great place to buy online is Sounddomain . com They price match too, so what I do is find the gear on Etronics, have Sounddomain price match and buy. Sounddomain is an authorized internet retailer of almost everything they sell too, so the manufacturers warranty is good. Regarding which 6x9's I recommend, I have demo'd quite a few recently and really push the Alpine type S and Infinity Reference series. Both excellent sound producers at about $100 a pair. I have to be honest, I haven't listened to the Eclipse so I can't say much about them. Polk EX is also a great sounding budget speaker for even less $$.

3) Buy everything online and install it yourself. For under $400, you could get a Pioneer DEH-P3600 deck ($160 with free install kit and harness), Infinity Reference 3 way 6x9's ($110, if you like 2 ways like I do they are $89), and front speakers for the dash (don't know about yours, but my 79 has a center speaker in the front dash, I think it may be a 5x7 or two smaller speakers placed in a 5x7 plate, guessing ~$50 for a quality single one).

Those are my suggestions for non-audiophile listeners. If you or your wife gets more concerned with sound quality, put some component speaker in the doors, but this will require a pod as the door depth doesn't allow for decent size mid basses because of the window glass when down. I've got pods with 6.5" midbasses and the tweeters mounted in the A-pillars, sound stage and quality is better than the rear 6x9s were, but to be honest, the car isn't constructed for great sound quality. BUT, if you ever get the bass bug, these camaros are extremely loud with trunk mounted subs. I've had (1) 8" sub blur my vision.

Hope this turns out to be helpful. If you have any more q's, feel free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks