Echostar 6000 hook-up

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Makela, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Ken Makela

Ken Makela Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

I'm borrowing a Bell ExpressVu/Echostar #6000 receiver for the Super Bowl on Sunday. I have a Tosh 57HX81 and I'm wondering if there are any special settings, for either the receiver or display. I know I must use the colorstream component video connection and aspect ratio selection(on the 6000), but is there anything else? The game is being broadcast in 720P (ABC), and the Tosh only does 540P and 1080i. Is there a selector on the 6000 for HD settings? A few people are coming over so I want to ensure the best results.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken

2. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Does it have the off air tuner card? If not, you won't get the game in high def.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    The Dishnetwork 6000 at one time needed to have a satellite connection (subscription not required) for the 8VSB module to work correctly. This may have been fixed on later software updates and maybe the BEV 6000 also.

4. Ken Makela

Ken Makela Stunt Coordinator

Tony,

I know Bell ExpressVu, Canadian satellite provider, is beaming it down on one of the HDnet channels. By "off air tuner card" do you mean over the air? We don't have OTA HD stations where I live. I know the fellow from whom I'm borrowing it from gets HD on his set via satellite.

Robert,

I am a subscriber to ExpressVu already, but I only have a model 4700. My dish points to the proper bird, so I should receive the proper signal and the receiver (6000) won't know that it's not at its own home, right?

Ken

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I had forgotten that BEV gets US HD programming over sat. You should not have any problems.

-Robert

6. RobertM

RobertM Auditioning

if you are after the HD channels, they are all on the 61.5 sat. & you need a dish pointed there to get them.

7. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Robert,
    We are discussing the Canadian service Bel Express Vu (sp?). All of their equipment is made my Echostar (parent of Dishnetwork) so the model numbers are similar. The satellite is at 91.5.

-Robert