EC35 match Studio series?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by DorianBryant, Jun 15, 2004.

1. DorianBryant

DorianBryant Screenwriter

Found the EC35 for 169 shipped. placed the order. I currently am using S38 for my mains. Does anyone have any experience with this center?

I figured for this price it was worth a shot. Has to be an improvement over my N center.

Has anyone bi-wired this speaker? Manual says it can be done but I wonder if this really is beneficial. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

2. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

... the closely voiced EC35 should be A-OK with your JBL S38's.

*FYI: JBL S38 .... 80 Hz to 20 kHz ±3.8 dB - OCT or NOV '99 S&V magazine by Tom Nousaine.

After you REF Calibrated your JBL HT setup, let us know what you think after using them for a few weeks or so.

Phil

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

... the closely voiced EC35 should be A-OK with your JBL S38's.

*FYI: JBL S38 .... 80 Hz to 20 kHz ±3.8 dB - OCT or NOV '99 S&V magazine by Tom Nousaine.

After you REF Calibrated your JBL HT setup, let us know what you think after using them for a few weeks or so.

Phil

4. DorianBryant

Thanks for the info! I will submit a post for the EC35 matching my S38's. I know there are others out there who are trying to find S centers to match some of the numerous studio series speakers still selling.

Anyone alse have the EC35?

5. DorianBryant

Thanks for the info! I will submit a post for the EC35 matching my S38's. I know there are others out there who are trying to find S centers to match some of the numerous studio series speakers still selling.

Anyone alse have the EC35?

6. Pus Suchre

Pus Suchre Stunt Coordinator

I have one, and I am very pleased with it. You are getting yours for less than I paid for mine [​IMG]

7. Pus Suchre

I have one, and I am very pleased with it. You are getting yours for less than I paid for mine [​IMG]

8. DorianBryant

They are selling at Deal-Stop for 149 + shipping. Even the refurbs from HK are 250.

9. DorianBryant

They are selling at Deal-Stop for 149 + shipping. Even the refurbs from HK are 250.

10. DorianBryant

I just got the speaker. Wow! This thing is huge. It weighs 22 pounds and feels like a cement block. It is twice the size of the N center. It is hard to guage the sound overall as it is sitting on top of my entertainment center as i have to make a larger shelf tonight. I mad the entertainment center so matching the shelves is easy. Right now the center is 4.5 feet above the mains. I can tell an increased presence of the center.

For 169 delivered, this is hard to beat. It is equal build quality to my S38's.

11. Pus Suchre

The stand that my TV is on is close to maxed out with what it can support weight-wise. I used fishing line tied to the ceiling and attached to my center shelf to take some of the weight of the EC35 off of the top of my TV. It's a good problem to have [​IMG]

12. Pus Suchre

The stand that my TV is on is close to maxed out with what it can support weight-wise. I used fishing line tied to the ceiling and attached to my center shelf to take some of the weight of the EC35 off of the top of my TV. It's a good problem to have [​IMG]