What's new

ebtech hum x (1 Viewer)

Mike-G-H

Auditioning
Anyone have success using an ebtech hum x to eliminate hum after hooking up a BFD?? I hooked my new BFD up last week and was getting a hum in the sub and center channel. I am able to eliminate it by using a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter but I'm not too crazy about defeating the ground. I found it at this site

samedaymusic.com/product--EBTHUMX

Tried to link it but apparently I can't until I have 15 posts.

thanks,

Mike

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I can't comment on the Ebtech model, but here's a device that works on a similar concept. I've used this device - in fact, I bought 2 of them to resolve a ground loop coming off of my CD player and another with the subwoofer amp.

Hum eliminator

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I also have the hum eliminator in my BFD/sub chain. I tried pretty much everything with no results until I learned about the EbTech device. :emoji_thumbsup:

EDIT: I have the EbTech branded one. I don't know if the DCI is the same thing?

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

I don't think so. The DCI unit is adjustable and has (2) POTS on it for channel adjustment. You basically adjust the pot until the hum goes away on the channel.

Mike-G-H

Auditioning
Thanks guys,

I think I will give the DCI unit a shot. The hum is not that bad and hopefully that will eliminate it.

I tried to troubleshoot it today and the only way to get rid of it was to completely disconnect my sat receiver from the system. Plugging in even the audio cable or the s-video cable brought the hum back so I'm at a loss there.

Mike

RajeeK

Second Unit
I have the Hum-X and can recommend it. It did relieve the Hum in my system w/o removing the ground like a cheater plug did.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I used Ebtech Hum Eliminators in my old house for all six channels of a 5.1 separates system. Worked perfectly. I started getting bad hum when I bought a new refrigerator. The Ebtech boxes destroyed the hum with no change at all to the sound. Highly recommended brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.