What's new

Ebay Paradigm Lesson + Gloat (1 Viewer)

Dean Thomas

Auditioning
I have been watching E-bay lately for a performance set of Paradigm speakers for my mother. It has amazed me what people will pay (near retail) for a used set of speakers at E-bay. I went to the local AV store today and they were having an inventory clearance sale.

4 Titans @ $135 per set

1 CC-170 @ $169 per speaker

1 Integra (High Line Onkyo) DTR5.2 Receiver @ $400

1 Set of Titan mounting brackets @ $25

Total cost of system was $915. Wow! Just goes to show you that you have to be careful what you spend on auctions. I actually thought about doing it. My mothers home burnt down and this set is for her. Sure sounds great!

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
It is amazing what some people pay. I just upgraded my laptop and Ebayed my old one. The winner ended up paying $270 less than what my upgrade unit cost and of course the upgrade is faster,has more features and comes with a warranty. I almost felt guilty depositing the money order.;)

Robert Ma

Second Unit
I concur, ebay is great to sell things and just about worthless to buy most things. There are too many people who bid too high on popular items.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I sold a digital video game item. A diablo2 charm for $51.

The guy payed via paypal and I met him in a game online and gave him the item.

The transaction was all digital and the item he got only exists in a game. Interesting how ppl will pay as much as $1000 for digital video game information on servers.

TedO

Stunt Coordinator
I can't disagree more.

On Ebay like anywhere else you have to be a smart shopper. I have bought golf clubs, beer glasses, garage door key pad, cooling fans and amps on Ebay ALL at great savings. On top of that it's one of the few places you can buy something that is not made anymore, like my Carver TMF15b amp.

If some ignorant buyer wants to pay too much let them. You usually can find the same item in a different action.

I am always amazed to hear what people pay for things retail after I have shopped and found them at a discount.

jehremy

Grip
I agree Ted, I just got those brand-new Paradigm/Premere brackets that Dean paid $25 for at a discount, for $5.00 on ebay.

erikk

Stunt Coordinator
Ebay is great for selling AND buying but you have to know exactly what the price should be before going there and you have to willing to watch the auctions for a couple weeks to get a great deal.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
i know a ton of hints to get good buys on ebay, ill let one hint go...

search for auctions where the spelling in the title is incorrect. many people are really dumb and let their auction go on with a mis-spelling. nobody finds the auction and you get it for a low price.

bought a dell HD for $125 sold it for $190 on ebay 2 days ago.

Anyways I like ebay.

=D

Joseph_Mikhail

Stunt Coordinator
I really don't care for Ebay for HT items. I don't feel like watching an auction for 6 days so I might get a slight discount on a previously used item. And then after 5 days, some retard submits a bid that is equivalent to the price of a new item.

I have found a few good deals there, but I usually don't even bother.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
you can still use buy it now.

for instance denon avr2802 is $550 buyit now new for some auctions...this is significantly better than $800 from online stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks