eBay, drunkeness, and the audio upgrade bug

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by EricCrane, Apr 21, 2005.

1. EricCrane

EricCrane Agent

I recently bought a sony 32" hdtv and a pair of jbl e90 floorstanders and currently have a cheapie sony bookshelf as my center, so I've been eyeing the ec35 for quite some time.

My plan was to wait until I paid of my tv then go ahead and get the center. My plan didn't take in effect that I occassionally have a few beverages of the alcoholic variety after work. So I drunkenly ended up paying $155 including shipping for a refurbished unit from harmanaudio. At least it's got the full manufacturers warranty.

I don't mind getting the center channel, I just wished I would have waited until my tv was paid off. Seems like an OK deal, the cheapest I've seen is $180 shipped for a new ec35.

Anyone else bought a speaker(s) off ebay while intoxicated?

2. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

I bought my EC35 fir $150 total brand new from an autho B&M. A few places have it for $150 or so shipped.

Tat being said, that is a decent price from Harmon Audio which is usually VERY expensive.
    I have a pair of N24's as my rear surrounds from them and you would not know the difference.

3. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

Ebay and alcohol do not mix. It says so right on the label. Audiogon and alcohol are an even more lethal combination [​IMG]

4. EricCrane

EricCrane Agent

You're tellin me. Now I'm itching for a new 7.1 receiver and plan on drinking tonite. Maybe I should break my computer before I buy something tonite.[​IMG]

5. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

How about get out of the house. I promise any bar or pub you go to will not have access to Ebay!!

6. MikeNg

MikeNg Second Unit

Don't binge and bid!

7. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Posting while under the influence has been a bad experience at times.

8. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Never been drunk and made a purchase of audio-related items. However, I did have a few mg of Xanax in me when I demod some speakers ... which turned into a purchase. I was so *mellow* the speakers sounded so sweet. [​IMG]

9. EricCrane

EricCrane Agent

What about when you come home? You always come home, if you're lucky it's with someone of the other sex.

10. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

LOL !!!!!!!! That's kinda where my sig comes from.....

11. RyanJE

RyanJE Second Unit

If you come home drunk with a woman than why the hell would you even be thinking about E-bay? Im confused.

12. Tim Stumpf

Tim Stumpf Stunt Coordinator

Unless she was ugly and he just wanted to get it over with and move on... Or the beer goggles wore off. Usually I just fall asleep, but I'm probably older... Just remember (this was a friend of mine's sage advise every Saturday night out before we went our separate ways at the clubs) "even fat girls get pregnant". Sorry if that offends anyone but I still laugh at the weekly ritual.
    Just thoght of this too. His other sage advise, "go ugly early." I won't bother to explain, but we still use that saying even though it's years later and we're all suppossed to be grown up and mature. yea right. I really believe its our responbibility to pass such wistom on to our sons. Now there's a real WAF issue.

13. EricCrane

EricCrane Agent

That's fickin hilarious!!! LOL. [​IMG]

Sorry if I offended anyone as well.