What's new

EB: Trade 2 DVD's for Lord of the Rings (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
Took advantage of this today. Gave them Khan Old Edition and Transformers Villians(I have the box) so thats 18 bucks that can go toward something else:)
Chris

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Went to Stop-N-Shop and the salesperson told me that they only had 5 copies in the store and they were set aside for those who had already done the 2 DVD deal. I told him that I was told last week it would be first-come, first-served. He said that he didn't know what happened.
:angry: :thumbsdown: :angry:

MarcD

Auditioning
Well I got my LOTR today from EB. The store guy said only 9 people took advantage of the deal... & 4 worked at the store ! Of course they didn't promote this enough if they wanted to increase their used DVD stock. He did say they did the offer before and will do it again. Though a check in the upcoming promotions folder didn't show any in the near future.

Cheers,
MarcD

Jeff_M

Stunt Coordinator
Did I miss out on the trade-in? Or could I run over to my local EB today with 2 discs and get LOTR?

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Well, I just went to my local EB, and they would not take the trade-in. They said it was for pre-orders only. Someone else (see a few posts above) was told the opposite. No wonder I never buy anything from them.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I picked up my copy last night (Tuesday). I even got a phone call from the store telling me it was in!

The clerk told me, upon my question, that only nine people had done the deal at their store.

They're not promoting these deals much.

Michael Fennessy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael Fennessy
The store I used needed $5 to reserve the title last week. I was fine with that. What was cool was that when he went to give me the $5 back, he said, I could roll it over into a Spiderman reserve b/c they are doing the same deal. So I guess they may not be advertising it, those that know about it they will tell. Thought that was a nice thing to do.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks