EB Games Selling Stolen Goods

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael Pakula, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Michael Pakula

Michael Pakula Second Unit

I just found this link on Game Faqs while checking out news on the message boards. I think this is pretty awful on EB Games part to not do the 15 day check. This is why I always buy my games new because you really don't know what your getting when it's used. I wasn't sure where to put this article so please move it if you have to.

Hall of Shame inductee: Electronics Boutique, Gulfview Square Mall
    http://www.abcactionnews.com/stories...lofshame.shtml

-Mike

2. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

I didn't think they paid cash for games anymore.
    I don't understand why she has to pay anything at all. Shouldn't stolen goods be confiscated by police and returned to their rightful owner?

3. James T

James T Screenwriter

I don't get either. And as far as I know EB(at least in my area) has been only giving store credit for the last 2 years. She shouldn't have to pay for anything. If I were her, I'd sue EB for the crap they're trying to pull. It's neglegence and they should be held responsible.

A funny little anecdote I have. I was at EB about 6 months ago and the guy in front of me was trying to unload his stuff(a PSX and about a dozen games). About 5 of his games were bought from Blockbuster(they have those BB stickers over the disc for those that don't know). A couple more of them were burned discs with a low quality printer sticker placed on the disc to make it look authentic. So basically, all he had was the system and a few games. I think they offered him like $30.00 for that and he was expecting cash. He wasn't too pleased when he was told about the store credit. Then he had this brilliant idea and told the clerk, "I'm just going to buy something worth $30.00 and return it for cash". The clerk shot that idea down when he told the customer that when items are defective and paid with credit, they will get refunded with another credit. I guess the customer was pissed at that point as he just bagged everything and left.

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

It's store credit here as well. Strange how that store had a different policy.

5. BrianB

BrianB Producer

It's not automatic in Florida where this happened. This has been discussed in depth elsewhere and I really don't think that report gives the full information needed to judge the case.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin Stunt Coordinator

This is one of the reasons why I started marking all my stuff with invisible ink pens from here: http://www.blacklightworld.com/Solve...sed%20Pens.htm
    It's great because you can write on the topside of the disc and then you can illuminate it with a blacklight and prove what is yours.