EB/EBGames PV DVD Sale

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Mike Frezon, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Was looking for a PV copy of The Bourne Identity last night (I was intrigued by a recent preview for The Bourne Supremacy and thought I better see the first film). I found one at one of my local EB Games Stores. It was marked $12.99 but it rang up $9.99. Turns out they have lowered the prices on select PV titles.

$9.99

Daredevil
    Bad Boys II
    Minority Report
    S.W.A.T.
    Blade 2
    Bourne Identity
    Fast & the Furious
    Jeepers Creepers
    Lord of the Rings
    Rush Hour 2
    Scorpion King
    Terminator 3

$8.99

Austin Powers: Goldmember

$7.99

Matrix Reloaded

$5.99

Signs
    Spider-Man

These prices are all listed in the EBGames flyer dated "Summer '04" with a picture of Spider-Man on the cover. I cannot for the life of me find any dates in the flyer to tell me when the sale is over.

The sales clerks in my store knew nothing about the sale, but after my BI rang up on sale, they checked on their computer, found the promo code and then checked out the new flyer. I then snatched a copy of Signs for $5.99! [​IMG]

2. The problem I have with EB is those yellow price stickers, which seem to be almost impossible to get off.

Then they usually slap a clear sticker over the case at purchase to 'seal' the used product.

Higher prices than Gamestop usually leads me to avoid EB for everything but used PC software.

Anyway, it's good to see that they're lower prices on Spidey, Signs, and Reloaded.

3. Dean Kousoulas

Dean Kousoulas Second Unit

But you could always replace the case, which is what I do. Unless it's a snapper (in that case I won't buy it if it had stickers on it)

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Not sure if this is a recent or temporary price drop, but a few weeks ago I picked up the 6-disc Robotech Macross set for $25 at an EBX. (When I got home and opened it, the discs reeked of cigarette smoke, but for $25 I'll hold my breath. [​IMG] )

Also note that prices of used product at EB tend to fluctuate up and down regularly, often with no apparent logic.

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Bourne Identity was excellent. I'm waiting on the disc because I heard there will be a deluxe director's cut edition out around the time of the sequel.