What's new

Eating San Francisco (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Well you can see how many times I have gone to Fisherman's Wharf.

Sorry, I am wrong on that one! I had no idea.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It is on their computer screen, but not on the menu. They will know what you mean, and will not look at you like you are insane when you ask. :D Adds grilled onions in melted cheddar and pickles, possibly one or two other goodies. Only way I eat 'em from there :emoji_thumbsup: Are the pickles there normally? Never paid attention, and haven't eaten a "regular" one in a long time.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
OK. (Unfortunately I don't like cheese burgers. I don't think cheese and mayo go together, but that's just me).

This is a partial list of places I'm thinking of going. Let me know if any of these are a mistake:

La Taqueria (you can't talk me out of it, I love this place)

Burger Joint on Valencia (because it's two blocks from my friend's house)

21st Amendment Brewery (because it's close to Pac Bell)

Ebisu

Tommaso's

Mona Lisa's

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
You have Giants Tickets?

We are season tickets holders and know just about everyone around us.

Ist base side Lower Box 105 row 30 & 31...good seats

email if you need some and I will check

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Grant but I was able to get a ticket online for next Thursday afternoon's game against the Diamondbacks. (227 Row L). I'm hoping to see ex-Mariner Randy Johnson pitch, but might have to settle for ex-Mariner David Bell at Third. :)
What's good to eat around Pac Bell? I was thinking of trying the burger at the 21st Amendment Brewery.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
One of the guys I share season tickets give the burger a:emoji_thumbsup:
pretty reasonable on drinks too
Being a baseball fan check out double play ...the mural in the back is great.
Mr Bell just hit a HR in the game I am watching tonight. Have a great time!
Grant

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
If you get a chance, go to "Buena Vista" at the end of the night. It is at the "end" of the cable car lines. They have really good Irish Coffee and the ambience is awesome. I was there on St Patrick's Day! Wow!!

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
Can someone explain Animal Style for me so I don't look like a fool when ordering at INO?
Heck that's half the fun - going in there and asking for it 'Animal style' and getting that knowing look from the counter people (and the occassional stare from the others in the inevitable line...)
:)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I'm back from my trip, so I thought I'd tell you SF'ers where I wound up eating.

La Taqueria - for the Carne Asada tacos (yum)

Pappalote - twice, once for a burrito and then for carne asada tacos. This is my new favorite place for tacos & burritos in the Mission.

North Beach Pizza - had a slice on Haight. It was awful. No sauce, too much tasteless-doughy crust, and low grade cheese. Searrano's in The Mission is way better.

Sakura Sushi (Metreon) - It was pretty good. One of the best Tempura rolls I've had, but was disappointed that they didn't have real crab.

The Slow Club - Had a Sunday brunch there. Got the hamburger & fries, which was good. Reasonable prices too.

Whiz Burger on South Van Ness- Pretty decent burger & onion rings but not remarkable. The atmosphere was tainted by the guy who got shot a half a block away.

????? - (Sushi/Chinese delivery) I cannot remember the name, but they deliver in the Mission. I should have remembered from my last trip to SF this lesson. Do not order food when you are stoned. I wound up ordering $70 of the weirdest sushi on the planet. Some of it was good, and some of it was inedible. I like Unagi, but not in everything. A Rainbow roll is supposed to be several different kinds of fish and avacoado wrapped around a California Roll. This place had Unagi substituting for all the fish, and for the crab in the California Roll. Most of the sushi is still in my friend's refrigerator.

????? - Forgettable mexican restaruant near the Berkeley Aomeba Record Store. Had a bean and cheese burrito and a beef taco. It's been four days and I still regret it.

So once again, I managed not to go to any of the restaurants on my list (Tokyo-A-Go-Go, Blowfish, Mona Lisa's, Tommasos) except La Taqueria.

I enjoyed myself at the Giants/D'Backs game on Thursday despite the Giants loss 1-0 (L. Gonzalez solo homer into McCovey cove being the only run). Shawn Dunston's diving catch in center was awesome too. To bad Bonds didn't get any homers.

Pac Bell is a very nice park and I will give it an edge over Safeco in food. The food I saw in the AAA Terrace Club looked good and healthy (I was pretty broke after the sushi, so I just got a bottled water and an Ice Cream Sandwich). But as far as ballparks, I like Safeco better. Safeco has a more "old-time" design and the seats seem closer to the action. Pac Bell reminds me a lot of Dodger Stadium in that it hardly has any outfield seats. And the view, although beautiful, was distracting from the pitcher's duel on the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks