What's new

Eating Raoul in April...from Columbia? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Thing about that cover art - it's the original theatrical artwork. Columbia almost never does that!

I'm happy, I'll buy it.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I would say that the review linked to is quite accurate, IMO. The PQ is far better than VHS; I hope that's not too low a standard to reference, but it's all I have for this movie. I would emphasize that the print is certainly not pristine, there are noticeable small imperfections from wear, but the transfer is decent (a tad soft as the review states, though not inappropriately so) and the artifacts are negligible.

The sound is clear, and I question if it's really just "stereo", as my decoder thinks it is some type of Dolby...I didn't play with it much to figure it out, it sounded fine in stereo.

I found it all more than a satisfactory presentation and a great improvement, probably as good as we'll get for many years.

Edit: Hmmm, I see the first post here says Dolby stereo, but the package doesn't...I guess it is.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I love this movie. I love black comedy. Bartel is one of those people who is just automatically funny, like Jaques Tati's Monsieur Hulot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks