What's new

Easy setup - Panasonic 47WX42 (1 Viewer)

Ian McD

Auditioning
I am purchasing a PT47WX42 today and am looking for a quick and dirty (and easy) setup procedure (ie. BEST quality in 30mins or less). Suggestions?

Also, a caution on the prod. description says the following and I was hoping someone could explain and suggest whether or not this is a big deal...

"Note: Optional set-top receiver required to view DTV programming. Optional external over-the-air antenna may be required for ATSC reception. If your cable company "passes through" a DTV signal unchanged, an optional HDTV set-top receiver can decode and tune the program. However, standards for cable connectivity have not been finalized. Consequently, this product may not be compatible with your cable system."

Thank you!!
This forum is an AMAZING resource! Kudos to the mods.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
Ian, put the set in 'Cinema' mode and you'll be fine until you can get a test DVD like AVIA, Video Essentials, Home Theater Tune-Up or a DVD movie with the THX Optimode feature.

That notice just means that the set does not have an integrated HDTV tuner.

Ian McD

Auditioning
Thanks John... I'll look for posts on more involved setup procedures later.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks