Easy Money In Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tino, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Here's a way to make easy money very quickly in GT3.
    If you have invested any time at all in it by now, and have a souped up car, all you have to do is;
    1. Enter the Beginner League.
    2. Enter the GT World Champonship Race, the last one available.
    3. Enter the Super Speedway race.
    If you have a decent souped up car, you should have no problem winning this race and the $10,000 prize!
    Takes all of four minutes and whenever I need some quick cash, I hop into my Mustang SVT Cobra and kick-ass! [​IMG]
    Awesome, insanely addicting game! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

2. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Yeah thats good too but heres an even easier one.
    -Get a decent car that can go above 160 mph
    -Go to the SuperSpeedway Endurance race
    -Tape the accelerator button down and kinda position the stick a little to the right
    -1 hr later you will come back and win the car and the money because you didnt ever pit!!!
    I did that strategy above after reading it off another site and it worked for me.
    ------------------

3. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Van
    How much money does that endurance race award?
    In one hour, I can accumulate $200,000. Is the prize more than that?
    ------------------

4. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

With my 3000GT it took me 65 minutes and I got $200,000 and a Corvette CR-5 thats really nice and I think it sells for $250,000. I might sell it and get a nice Porsche GT2 (or RUF).
    ------------------

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

For one that's slightly better than Tino's, do the following:
    1. Get your A license if you don't have it
    2. Go to the Amateur League
    3. Enter the Turbo Series
    4. Run the Test Course
    3 Laps and you get $15,000
    If you have a car you can get up to 200MPH (like a fully loaded Miata), you can win every time.

6. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    Actually Keith, I believe my way is better and here's why. [​IMG]
    It's all about QUICK and EASY money right?
    In 15 minutes, I can accumulate $60,000..$10,000 every 2.5 minutes which is how long it takes me to win that race.
    Your way, in 15 minutes, you would accumulate $30,000..$15,000 per 7 minute race since that test course is 3 laps at approx 2.4 minutes each lap, right?
    By all means, If anyone can come up with a faster way to make more money, please post it, but I do believe my way is the quickest and easiest for fast cash. [​IMG]
    ------------------

7. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

You know, it just doesn't work with my stock Miata! I finished 11 seconds behind the leader. [​IMG]
    Looks like I'll need to find a different way to earn smaller sums of $$.

8. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

I hear ya Camp! It doesn't work with my Trueno either, although I do have a turbo. [​IMG] I need more time to play GT3!!!

9. Van Patton

Van Patton Second Unit

Another good tip is to change the oil in your car after you upgrade parts. It sometimes can add up to 40 extra hp this way.
    ------------------

10. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

You may have something there Tino, but also don't forget to consider the time it takes to start a race. And I think I do a lap on the test course in just under 2 minutes (after the initial lap). But I don't pay that much attention. Also, the test course takes less concentration to run, and I find I'm less error prone on it compared to Super Speedway.
    Van Patton, As for the oil, when my Miata needs a change, I lose 10 to 20hp, usually closer to 10, I'm thinking your oil must have been pretty bad to get 40hp after a change. Just keep an eye on your hp, if it suddenly takes a dip, go change it. Also, where you go to change it also shows the oil in a color that changes from green (good) to grey(bad), so you can look there.

11. JasonK

JasonK Supporting Actor

Cool tips. Thanks fellas! I just finished souping up my Miata, now I have to work on my other few cars. Soon enough, that Aston Martin will be mine...
    Jason

12. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

Hmmm, I feel so addicted to this game....(I already have the Escudo, F1 car, etc, etc). Anyways, you want to make fast cash in the game. Well, the super speedway endurance is a good way to do it, $300,000 and one of 4 cars. So figure you're take on that is around $550k+, the faster your car, the quicker you are done with it (the F1 car and Escudo go around in the sub 25sec bracket, 100 laps). Any of the series races you can win a car over and over again, so pick one of the 5 race series that you can win easily, run through 3 or 4 of the races (depending on points) and you win the prize, say $7500 a race, plus a $30,000 bonus plus a car.
    There's a million ways to do it, I've gotten to my point by buying the Miata first, fully souping it up and win some cash. Then go buy a Skyline and soup it up...by then you should have enough car (1000+hp, decent handling) that you can start winning some serious cash (I saved the 1million for the Escudo pretty quickly) to get a serious car, then you rinse and repeat. Of course my problem now is that I have won most of the real big races, now I have to go back and do the small stuff like the Beetle races, Vitz races, etc (and after racing the F1 or Escudo, the Vitz is just a tad slow). Then I have to do the endurance races I missed, but those are a bit longer...
    Andrew
    ------------------