1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

"Easter Parade??" "Quo Vadis?"?? Help me out MGM!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by StevenFC, Nov 24, 2003.

1. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

I mean really. Too classics of cinema that would also probably be good sellers for MGM. Does MGM still hold the rights for Easter Parade and Quo Vadis?? I'm really at a lost as to why we haven't seen these two on DVD yet. My only hope at this point is that they need time to restore them or that they're planning on releasing them around Easter. With the new blue laser DVD around the corner, I'm concerned that we may run out of time to get these (and others) out before they turn their focus to a different business model.

2. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    If it's MGM and a pre-1986 film, Warner owns it.

I think Easter Parade was mentioned as a potential release for the near future in one of the last chats.

3. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Yeah, there'll be another big musical pormotion coming from Warner in the not-too-distant future, which will include one or more of the following: EASTER PARADE, MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS, THE BAND WAGON, SWING TIME, TOP HAT and, hopefully, DAMN YANKEES.

4. StevenFC

StevenFC Second Unit

Cool. I didn't know Warner owned MGM's catalog. In light of the recent Warner releases, it gives me hope knowing that a lot of good and great films appear to be in good hands. Thanks guys. [​IMG]