What's new

Easter Egg Searching Tips Needed (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
When searching your DVD's for the 789th time looking for the proverbial hidden Easter Egg treasures, do you think it's time to give it up?? :)
What tips can you give me when searching for these Eggs? There are obviously some common denominators used by most studios when they hide these things.
Anybody ever find a really obscure one?
Thanks HTF!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dave
Welcome to the forum.:)
A bit of advice. You'll probably get more responses if you post these threads in their proper areas. DVD questions belong in the software section for instance.
Polls belong in the POLLS area etc....
Hope this helps.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanx, Tino!

Sorry about that. You're right, I'm in the wrong forum.

Should have checked the other options before posting.

BTW....Yes, I've tried dvdreview.com. Nice site.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell if you want to get help on "where are the Easter Eggs" (others have found them and you just want to use that info), or if you want to be a stud and be able to find eggs that noone's found before.
Here is a post that identifies the know DVD Easter Egg sites (actually, it's a post with some info that links to a post with more info). It can help you with the former issue.
As for the latter issue, if you want to find eggs yourself, my best advice is to just thoroughly explore discs with your favorite movies. Sooner or later you'll spot a few. Some eggs are easy, like the ones I found for The Beastmaster and for Buckaroo Banzai. Others are "from hell", and are rather complicated to find. It's my considered opinion that the latter are "found" when someone on the production team leaks the info to a web site, and then everyone else repeats the info. :D
Just remember to have fun with it, and not be too worried about who finds 'em first. What's important is enjoying the film, right?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Just for grins, I found a new egg tonight. Here it is, for Dancing at the Blue Iguana :b

The back of the Dancing at the Blue Iguana DVD box lists "Trailer" among the supplements, but it's nowhere to be found in the Special Features submenu. From the main menu, go to the "Play Movie" listing at the top and push Up, or else go to the "Subtitles" listing at the bottom and push Down. Whichever way you go, you will have lit up a logo in the top left of the screen for Lion's Gate Entertainment. If you press Enter, you will be treated to the "Restricted Audiences" (red background ) trailer for Dancing at the Blue Iguana, as well as the trailer for another Lion's Gate film, "O".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks