What's new

Easter Egg on Mickey tin & unofficial thread (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If you put disc #1 in and go to the menu section, and click on mickey's head, you get a rare storytelling history of his characters from Mr. Disney(black & white)
Plus, I also signed up for the disc replacement program.(I guess its free) Never done it before, but it might help in the long run.
I thought we could maybe make this an official thread, since there will be alot of people talking about this, and discovering these cartoons for the first or second time.
It might make it easier in the long run, as I already see two threads devoted to Sily Symp.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered the two Mickey sets myself. Hopefully, I'll have them by this weekend.

~Edwin

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
this is an absolutely Great dvd!!!

the whole set is a complete class act, from the wonderful tin to having the secutiry sticker stuck to a cardboard insert rather than to the tin. the double amaray case seems to be heavier than a regular one, and the menus are clean and easy to use. And the cardboard card of the original theatrical artwork is just a perfect size that you can slip it in the front of the keepcase to be your cover if you'd like, Davy Crockett really looks good like this, if only they'd included five cards instead of just the one... oh and the Cartoons look great!!!!

I watched three favorites last night

The Brave Little Tailor, one of my all time favorites, I was delighted to find that the artwork on disc two is from the brave little tailor, as well as a sample pictuee on the back case. The cartoon looks and sounds great, though I think there may have been white specks at the beginning fly sequence, and in a couple other places. In all, it's wonderful, pure Mickey.

Mickey's Trailer -- This is my all time favorite Mickey short. I practically wore out the cassette that I had when I was little watching this over and over again. Teh sheer magical joy of having a trailer that could do all that made me want to be an 'inventor' when I was five, and I still may wind up bein an engineer. Still a great cartoon, though it has one or two flaws I would never had noticed before, like, the trailer rolling down the hill, and abruptly cutting to Goofy, still, this and Clock cleaners made me want Goofy and Donald sets, and unmentioned by most, and even higher on my list, a Chip and Dale Treasures set so long as it includes, the Nut butter cartoon, adn any others I can't remember very well, but loved.

Clockwork Cleaners -- I remember this cartoon, but i'd never seen all of it. Only bits and pieces here and there, It was a joy to see this all the way through.

Through the Looking Glass, I may have seen this before, but I don't remember it. A fantastical wonderful adventure, completely magical, it had me rolling with laughter. I wish Disney would start showing classic shorts like this in front of all their films, they have a massive library of them, and kids still love them (my little sister sure did). These cartoons still blow away anything made today... Now if we could only get Looney Tunes, Tom adn Jerry and all the rest.

A fantastic start Disney! please give us more treasures, hopefully by may-june, with another set next december!!! I'm anxiously awaiting a Donald, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and anyone else I've forgotten (was Quick Draw Mcgraw a disney?), and don't stop with classic live action either! I need Ol' yeller, Absent minded professor, swiss family, adn classic wonderful world of disney short films/documentaries/animal stories like "The Hound who thought he was a Coon" and "Mister, the Lovesick Moose"

I recommend everyone buy these!! highest recommendation, a complete class act, slightly weak on the extras, but who needs extras when teh source material is this good (though a commmentary/subtitle on parade of awards telling who the caricatures were would have been nice, as well as somehow to tell what was nominated and won acedemy awards, but other than that the set is pefect.!

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
From the Disney site:
How do I replace a damaged DVD?
If you accidentally damage or break one of your Disney DVDs, you can get a replacement disc for a nominal charge. To replace a damaged DVD, please send the damaged DVD, a $10.00 check (US dollars) made payable to Walt Disney Home Entertainment (do not send cash), and an explanatory letter to:
Walt Disney Consumer Relations
3rd Floor
111 E. Wisconsin Ave.
Neenah, WI 54956
Please include the following information in the letter:
* Full name
* Telephone number with area code
* Complete street address, including apartment number
(if applicable) city, state, and ZIP code
* Description of the item that needs to be replaced and the
reason for replacement
Once the damaged disc and replacement check have been received by Disney, we will ship the replacement product via U.S. mail. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery.
The site can be found Link Removed. Not a bad little program, especially with those out of print titles.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The only cartoon I have watched so far is
Thru the mirror.
A great little cartoon with mickey running around with furniture and dancing/fighting decks of cards.
I'm glad to see Clock Cleaners and Mickey's Trailer on here!

Brendon

Second Unit
How did I manage to miss this being announced ??!!

Just put my order in for it!

I hope that these Treasures sets are successful enough financially for Disney to warrant them at least doing one for Donald - "Clown of the Jungle" with the Araquon (?) bird is an absolute delight and my favourite short ever!

Bren

Real Name
Takayuki Kihara
There is another easter egg on disc 2. In the main menu, arrow up the highlight to "Mouse" (part of Mickey Mouse), and click on it. Here, you can watch a rare Mickey cartoon that advertises Nabisco cookies.

BTW, the box states that there are 26 shorts on the set, but I seem to find 27 total (excluding the easter egg mentioned above). I wonder how they miscounted it like that.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Tak,
I think you might be counting the "pencil tests' as a cartoon.
I only count 26

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks