What's new

Eastbound and Down - season dos thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
While I'm not the biggest fan of Danny McBride, the first season of Eastbound and Down was pretty funny, and the show returns on HBO for season dos on Sunday at 10:30 p.m. starting tonight.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Looking forward to this, too, hombre. Kenny Powers shooting guns. This is going to be amazing.

This was probably my favorite HBO show last season, next to Curb Your Enthusiasm.

LOVED the first season, and I'm intrigued by the plan to scrap most of the supporting cast of the first season. Really ballsy move, to do that. I know they're bringing Stevie back, which is a big plus, but I'll actually miss Terrence and April.

Can't wait to let Kenny deep inside my television set tonight.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Jerking off to a junior high yearbook while watching a Spanish-language broadcast of Pale Rider...goddamn.
  And the Mexican version of the saxophone player from The Lost Boys.   I've often wondered what a Spanish-language version of Bob Seger's "Night Moves" would sound like. And now I know. Thanks, Eastbound & Down.   Also, I hope we haven't seen the last of Deep Roy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was just glad they got Kenny back towards baseball by the end of the episode, and back to being Kenny F'ing Powers.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I recently re-watched The Rookie. Brian Cox should be Kenny's father. You know it's true. It has to happen.
  I might be over over intellectualizing it, but could Kenny's "I transcend race, hombre" speech show some actual growth, following all his racially-insensitive comments from the opening montage from Season One?   ("Even though YOU'RE the one with the fucking disability and shit, I accept you.")   So glad this is back. Even more than the admittedly-hilarious jokes, I just love the way Kenny Powers is written, and the way McBride performs him. "You keep isolating me from conversations"? Who writes like that? It's so great and completely unique.   "Don't buy that AIDS-zebra!" utterly killed me.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Damn. Watched this last night. SO hilarious. I can't believe this character is even watchable, let alone likable. But, I'm ready for season 2 now!!!

And...what is up with the 'bashing on technology'? LOL!

"And, they will all know that Kenny Powers is, in fact, the Christ figure that they perceive me to be."

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH

LOVED the first season, and I'm intrigued by the plan to scrap most of the supporting cast of the first season. Really ballsy move, to do that. I know they're bringing Stevie back, which is a big plus, but I'll actually miss Terrence and April.

I didn't know that. So is Stevie the only one returning? What about his brother and family?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Haven't heard yet whether Kenny's brother and family will be returning, but if a future season deals with him returning home to address the whole April/Cutler situation, I'd imagine they'll certainly be along for the ride, too.

Stevie surprising Kenny in his apartment was one of those "I-missed-half-the-dialogue-because-I-was-laughing-so-hard" scenes.

Kenny's toothbrush-holder fucking slayed me.

"Let's just say that Seattle can tongue-kiss my shithole."

This show is Shakespearean in its vulgarity.

Knew Stevie would be back this season, but glad to see that he'll be back for good. Absolutely masterful use of the song "Real American."

(And Michael Peña should do nothing but Jody Hill projects, as far as I'm concerned.)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"3-D's gay."

"You came out of her vagina? I was all up in that shit last night."

"It's no mystery that Ass has always been Tits' greatest enemy."

Stevie eating the pepper. Goddamn.

Only Kenny could get away with giving a girl a picture of him jizzing in her mouth, and have it taken as a "sweet" gesture.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The season needs to find direction. "I wanna be a star in Mexico" just doesn't hit home as well as the hometown comeback of last season.

That's not to say it's not still friggin' hilarious. That vagina line is one of the most outrageously funny things I've ever heard. And, Stevie has always sort of bugged me a little...but, that pepper scene was laugh-out-loud funny. I think he had water in his mouth because that was an insane amount of drool he spilled. Damn, I'm laughing just thinking about it.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Best line for me was when the hooker said, let it all out baby, get your money's worth.

Stevie did and BANG, the intro music came in.

Still laughing at that one!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"It's no mystery that Ass has always been Tits's greatest enemy."

"...This could be you Saturday night."

I love this show. And that ass.

The brief little sideplot with Stevie and the sister-in-law was one of my favorite things this last episode. The fetishist shots of Stevie working on the car, the "wounded soldier" fantasy -- it was all damn funny.
The midget being revealed as an insane Indian slayed me. "Why the fuck don't you go back to where you're from, you weird little fucker?" Or something to that effect. And two mustaches? Is he like some sort of warped spirit-guide for Kenny Powers? I think maybe.

I am a huge fan of Season One. I would say it's more consistently funny. But goddamn if this new season isn't going to some fucked-up places. I also feel a bit more sympathetic to the new cast of characters. Eastbound & Down don't go down smooth, but it sure hits the spot.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Shit just got real, all right.

It's almost become a pitch-black comedic version of A Face in the Crowd. And the reveal of who "Eduardo" is? I won't spoil who, or what, but they NAILED it.

"Fuckin' BEST OF THE BEST, you asshole."

"I thought you were a whore with a heart of gold. Instead, you're just a whore with a regular whore's heart."

Kenny making Stevie dump Maria was fucking cold. Hard to watch. But then again, so was watching Stevie and and the fat Mexican woman get it on, in general.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
I loved Kenny pretending to hump his girlfriend in the kitchen while her son watches. The look he gave Kenny was priceless.

Looks like Stevie might start growing a pair. I hope his crush for Kenny doesn't completely go away because I want to see Kenny's reaction when Stevie finally makes his move.

I thought the first episode of this season was a bit of a letdown but the last two have been pure gold.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
"Yeah, y'all both came out of this old man's jizz."

Iconic work from Don Johnson last night.

"I'm obviously a man, sir." "Huh? Well, that's not what your pussy-doctor says."

All day, I've been having random fits of laughter thinking back to this one. My favorite so far, not just for this season, but for the entire run. This season's been on fire.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
"I'm coming for you."

How sinister was that?

So what's next? Will he actually return to the US and see April? I don't think he will. I could see him getting arrested for stealing the Lambo and sent to prison where season 3 will take place. Stevie will, of course, probably steal a cops gun and shoot/kill the cop so he'll get sent to prison with Kenny. Stevie in a Mexican prison sounds so funny I really hope it happens.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
Recently saw Eastbound & Down S02 for the first time. Hilarious! I can't say it was better than S01, but I can say it was almost as funny. Too many great sequences to mention, but some of the better ones:

-When Kenny Powers hooked up with the big guy & the little guy (in Mexico) in order to run various scams. It was great when Powers referred to the two with a "Mice & Men" reference (in that dramatic novel/film a big guy & a little guy were friends) - hilarious. Also very funny was that the aggressive, mean-spirited little guy was the same actor who played the gentle Oompah-Loompah's in the re-made Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (2005) w/Johnny Depp - LOL.

-When these three were on a street corner with a set-up in which tourists paid them to take pictures of the tourists sitting on a donkey/burro. A rival group had a similar but more elaborate/superior set-up on an adjoining street corner - and because they were jealous that the rival group was getting more business, Powers berated them....resulting in the others contemptuously giving Powers & co. the finger, and laughing - LOL.

-Casting Don Johnson as Powers' long-lost father, with a man-child step-son - LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks