East and west channnels

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brady B, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Brady B

Brady B Auditioning

I am new to satellite as I just installed 2 weeks ago. I currently have the total platimum package or something like that for subscribing to NFL ticket. My question why can't I get the network west channels like ABCW, NBCW, ect..Is this because they are not my local channels? Being in central Jersery my local network affiliate is Philly, which I pay for. When I click on the channel I don't get the broadcast. Does this have something to do with the fact that it is not my local channel?
    Confused,
    Brady

2. Jon_T

Jon_T Agent

According to the DirecTV website, your local channels are the NY networks and not the Philly networks. If you are subscribed to the network channels then you should be getting the NY channels. I don't know what channel numbers are on DirecTV.

3. Danny Owens

Danny Owens Agent

Brady,
    I'm just up the street from you in Dayton NJ. WOuld you mind telling me what your current azimuth and elevation are set for? I'm presently in an apartment and my exposure to the southern sky is a bit limited.
    I just picked up a DirectTV system at a great deal for installation in my house when I move, but I would kind of like to start playing now. [​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Danny Owens

4. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Use the DBSforums dish pointing site to find out if you have a clear line of sight for the 101 and 119 satellites.
    -Robert
    [Edited last by Robert_J on September 05, 2001 at 09:51 PM]
    [Edited last by Robert_J on September 05, 2001 at 09:51 PM]