What's new

easiest way to hi-res, dvd-a, sacd. (1 Viewer)

Charlie C

Stunt Coordinator
well ive done some thinking. ill get a 6.1 receiver and replace my 2 speakers with good ones. hopefully that will suffice untill I can afford more speakers and such.

im between the pioneer vsx812, USED hk avr325, and some yamaha model I forgot what it was.

with multi ins and pre-outs, the only reason to upgrade the actuall receiver is new formats, and Im thinking everyone will be upset if the new standard is TTHHXX or 2XTHX or 2x5.1 or 10.2 ;0

is this a safe way of going about it or should I try to get all the speakers at once?

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
Are you planning on using an external amp? If so i see your need for the pre-outs.

The Panny has a much cleaner sound. My living room is wide open. 20'x18' with a cathedral ceiling and an open loft right above. The Panny plays louder than you can stand. The Panny truly beat the pioneer VSX-41 easily.

I have not owned any HK but I like the looks of them. My preference is to spend on speakers and a little less on the receiver as they will be outdated way before your speakers. Either way, pick what you like!

Users who are viewing this thread