Easiest to use DVD burning software

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jim Mcc, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Feb 11, 2004
    What is the easiest to use DVD burning software for a computer dummy like me? Of course it needs to do a nice job and be reasonably priced. Our computer has a DVD burner built in. Thanks.
  2. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

Sep 8, 2001
    I'm not sure I want to get into too detailed of a discussion until you do a little more research: but, DVD creation is usually a multistage process.
    You must "capture" (to the PC which requires hardware of some type).
    "Convert" at some point (if you didn't capture as a compliant mpeg2 stream).
    "Edit", along with timestamp cleanup (if you captured from tape without a time base corrector).
    "Author" to put the data in a burnable format.
    "Burn", which is not as simple as it sounds since the burning engine must control the drive to correctly match the disk being used.

While some software packages may combine or hide the various steps, I have not seen a single "turnkey" application that does all of the needed steps to my satisfaction. I've been recording and burning TV and tape backup for about 3 years. After setting up your process, it will go pretty smooth, but it's not a one step, plug and play process.
  3. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Jun 12, 1999
    Try Slysoft.com. CloneDVD2 and Anydvd are pretty much plug and play. Simple and inexpensive and supported. More advice and help can be found on videohelp, afterdawn as well as a lot of other sites......
  4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Jan 23, 1999

I recommend www.dvdrhelp.com for more knowledgable recommendations than you'll get here.

It depends on what you want to do. You asked for "DVD Burning" software. I'd recommnend Nero. It allows you to burn DVDs.

If you are looking for DVD-Video Authoring software, to make DVDs of videos on your computer (captured from a camcorder or other source), I'd personally recommend Sony "Movie Studio + DVD". It's not particularly easy to use, but it's not too bad. The only other software I've tried is Pinnacle Studio which is the most buggy unusable mess I ever wasted money on.