EA's NCAA Football 2002 for GC??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William Ward, Nov 15, 2001.

1. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if EA plans to release it's NCAA Football game on the Gamecube??? I loved it on PS1 and don't want to pay extra for a DVD Player that I don't need. The college FB game on dreamcast leaves something to be desired so I'm hopeful that the Nintendo system will finally get it. I know it was never available for the '64.
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

2. Matty B

Matty B Stunt Coordinator

Not until next year.

3. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Is that certain(as certain as it can be at this point)?? I'd hate to get a GC only to find that the CFB game won't be coming to the platform. I've bought their game since '99 for PS1 and really enjoy it.
    ------------------
    William
    Go Bucs!!
    MyDVDs

4. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I highly doubt NCAA 2002 will be released on any other system. EA usually releases its sports titles at the beginning of most seasons. Madden was released because it's their flagship football title. Plus if NCAA 2002 was in the works for other systems we would have probably heard about it.

5. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I too would like to know if NCAA is going to appear on any other platforms. It is really the one game I want, but I am willing to wait. I'd like to see it on an Xbox for the graphics, but I like that GC price.

6. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

NCAA 2002 will probably not be released on any other system, given that college football is wrapping up its regular season in the next couple of weeks.
    NCAA 2003 may be a different story, but I'd like to know how 2002 sold on the PS2. That would determine if EA will put it on other platforms. I'm thinking of getting 2002 on PS2 when it's cheap, since that's the only way I'm going to get DeShaun "I drive other people's SUVs" Foster on my UCLA squad. [​IMG]

7. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I too am interested in NCAA for other platforms. I am trying to decide what console to buy and am leaning toward the XBOX, but the game I really want to play is NCAA. That way Michigan can when those games it should have won.[​IMG]

8. David Proud

David Proud Stunt Coordinator

ncaaa 2003 will be released on XBOX, PC, and PS2. No release scheduled for the Gamecube.