What's new

EA's F1 2003 for PS2... when??? (1 Viewer)

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
The last couple years, EA sports F1 game comes out in june. This year, I have yet to hear any news regarding a release of F1 2003. Whats the deal???

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Sony announced last week that they've signed an exclusive licence with the Formula 1 Administration for the next four years...

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
F1 Career Challenge for the PS2 supposedly is in stores now. I have not checked myself to see. Previews note that EA has made some changes which look very interesting.

I believe -- although I am not certain -- that Sony's exclusivity deal with F1 applies only to Europe.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
In not sure what that means. Does this mean that only Sony can make F1 games? EA cant? and this F1 career challange game is only in Europe? No US F1 games?? Sorry If I seem dumb, Im not a "gamer."

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I'm not happy with the exclusivity deal...and I own all 3 current major systems.

I would also be unhappy if the XBox were the exclusive NFL system, and Gamecube were the exclusive MLB system.

It's one thing to have an exclusive on a game, but an entire professional sport? I'd rather see multiple games (not just ports) across multiple systems.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
"F1 Career Challenge" is an EA Sports title., available in the United States. I believe Sony's exclusivity deal means that Sony Computer Entertainment Europe has exclusive rights to publish F1 games in that continent for the next four years.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
And both PC and PS2 versions are in stores now, Except it's actually called F1 Career Challenge for PS2 and F1 Challenge: 99-02 for PC.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The F1 challenge game would have been ready to ship before this deal were cut.

The European market is critical for F1. I can't see anybody other than Sony developing an F1 game in 2004 if they could only market it in the americas and the pacific rim.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Does career challange have improved gameplay or graphics over F1 2002?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks