What's new

Earthsea on SciFi (1 Viewer)

SarahG

Second Unit
I read these books a while back. Been looking forward to this miniseries for a while. Should be fun to watch.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
Oh yeah!!! It's less than two weeks away. I just thought i would bump this in hopes of hearing what people are thinking as it grows closer.

Jonathan Carter

Supporting Actor

For me, she is the one reason I'm not getting my hopes up to high. I love the books and am excited they are finally being brought to screen, but I think Kruek is one of the worst actresses on tv right now. She always seems to take the Smallville down a couple of notches when she get she gets a large amount of screen time during eps.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
How many nights is the miniseries?
I havent watched Sci Fi for a few years after they cancelled Farscape, but since they came through with the Peacekeeper Wars I will have to give this a try.

David Forbes

Supporting Actor

Looks like you would be wrong (at least about the novels -- since I haven't seen the miniseries I will refrain from commenting about its worth or lack thereof based on brief trailers). Maybe you should actually try reading them before making snide (and unwarranted) comments.

SarahG

Second Unit

The web site says it's 2 nights. Looks like they are giving a good amount of time to tell the story. That's good to know, because it's more likely that the story will be told more accurately if the a good amount of time is given to it.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Ths sounds like something I would enjoy. How did I not know about this before today? Oh well, now I know and now I shall watch! If only for the Lana love!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
How could you miss it? I can't escape the Billboards everywhere but then again I do work in San Francisco.
Watched the preview last night. Looks entertaining.

Rex Bachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rex Bachmann
David Forbes wrote (post #25):

The comments are about as "warranted" as the program previews allowed for.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
Only one more week. I see more and more commercials every day, and I'm getting increasingly excited. I know where I'll be a week from today around 9.

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator

My thoughts exactly. This is my type of Movie but the fact that she is in it does have me worried.

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
That's too bad. I actually like Krsietn kreuk...I'm not sure why, but I'm drawn to her in a way. She'll be playing a totally different role in this as well.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

Ummm... possibly because she's a cutie? :p) Just me anyways. Looking forward to the series, but have yet to finish the books. Must get around to that sometime amidst a WoW break!

BobbyPerry

Stunt Coordinator
The miniseries is only going to cover the first two books. I have heard people saying they weren't going to be able to finish the third in time...well, they don't need to. I like that they will be able to focus more on detail b/c of this.

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I've noticed that NBC has started running ads for this during primetime. During the first commercial break on "West Wing" they showed an ad for "Earthsea".

I'd seen USA/SciFi crossover before, but this was the first NBC/SciFi crossover ad.

I wonder if they'll do the same for "Battlestar Gallactica"?

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Well -- the BSG miniseries is airing on NBC in early Jan, so i have no doubt that NBC will be doing all that they can to promote it.

RE: Earthsea -- tonight's the night -- hope everyone tunes in :)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well, to all the fans of the books you can watch this without worry of knowing what is going to happen since this is nothing like the books except for a few key scenes. The promos made it look like it would be completely different and SciFi did not disappoint. Plus I am sure they got his common and true names backwards unless my memory is really bad.

It will be interesting to see where this goes tomorrow night.

Chuck Anstey

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
Slow, ponderous, with some of the worst dialog this side of Dungeons and Dragons. I'm debating whether I care enough to bother watching part 2. Colossal disappointment.

Rex was right (about the mini). Mea culpa!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

There are alot worse actresses on TV and in Movies now. I think shes good and has a good range on Smallville.
She's also nice to look at. Sean Ashmore too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks