What's new

earthquake supernova 10 or something else (1 Viewer)

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Hello everyone.

I am thinking of buying this Supernova 10 for around $400 new. Is there anything better than this sub at this price.

Please let me know.

Thank you.

SC Trojan

Agent
Real Name
Gary
I wouldnt take the 10" for free- just clutter my room. Now the 12" or 15" is a WHOLE different story. The amp on the 12 & 15 are a lot bigger. The roll off on the 10 is quite substantial. If you are looking in that price range, I would suggest a Hsu VTF2. BUT I would suggest saving a few $$ and go for a VTF3 or supernova 15" which will put you in an entirely different ball game.

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm, what's wrong with the 10" Gary?

Either that or I could spend another $100 to get a used M&K MX100. Which way should I go?

Anyone else want to chime in?

Chip E

Screenwriter

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Tan,

I've never heard any of the Earthquake subs but I read an online test of the Supernova 12 and it was like [email protected] I think it was www.hometheatermag.com or www.soundandvisionmag.com. That's really poor low bass performance and I'd guess the smaller 10" wouldn't be any better.

Chip gave some excellent suggestions for subs in their price range. Although I don't agree with his disregarding the VTF-2 simply because it has a 10" driver.

Check out how the VTF-2's output compares to other sub from TN list.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...light=nousaine

TanT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everyone for the advices. What do you guys think of the used M&K MX100 for $500. This Sub is in excellent condition just a bit older that's all.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJ Smallz
Recent bookmarks