earthquake cinenova vs. cinepro 3k6III???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SC Trojan, Aug 29, 2002.

1. SC Trojan

SC Trojan Agent

Heres the setup, need a beast of an amp for my 5 planar setup which is going in a fairly large room. I have finally narrowed my choices down to these two amps. has anyone compared both? I have already tried a number of amps, so please do not respond with more choices- bryston, aragon, citation, parasound, ati, Ead.......since i have tried all of them.

thanks in advance.

2. RichardMA

RichardMA Second Unit

If you need sheer power, why not try a professional
    power amp rather than a home audio amp? They are
    generally much cheaper for the watts they draw and
    people are beginning to realize they are not inferior
    to most audiophile amps. I tried a 600watt per channel
    Yamaha and IMO, it was not second to a Bryston I also
    tried.

3. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

I have not tried a Cinepro, Gary. I can only tell you that I love my Earthquake CineNova Grande. It has tons of headroom and clean as can be.

4. Sihan Goi

Sihan Goi Second Unit

Secrets has a review of the Cinepro 3K6SE-Gold, and they basically concluded that it offered BAT VK-6200 quality at a much much lower price. John Kotches is quite a fan of the amp so I'm sure he could pop in and offer his opinions. The Cinepro also has more power than the Cinenova, but both would probably suffice for almost all sensible HTs.

5. Rick Castro

Rick Castro Auditioning

If you are looking to punish your speakers and neighbors, then go with Earthquake. Both amps are of high caliber, though I have not used a Cinepro. I sport 2 Earthquake Cinenova Grande 3 channel's. Best sheer power I have ever heard bang for buck, and a seriously low THD to boot, and yes I have heard alot. These things are just wrong...If you want, drop me a line and go into further detail.

6. JohnDW

JohnDW Agent

Seems we're hearing a lot of good things about this amp these days, but it seems very heavy - what does one do when they need service ?? At least it doesnt have a fan (like Cinepro) and apparently runs cooler than Aragon ( a class A home heater all the way) 10 year warraty seems competative with parasound - it is however, a big price jump from Citation, Parasound and Rotel 1095 for example - at what price does power have dimishing returns (never ?)