What's new

Earthquake (Blu-ray) Now Available for preorder (1 Viewer)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
There were also control tones on the optical track that fed a controller connected to a bass synthesizer in the booth that fed those speakers. First theater I worked at in 1979 still had the special (Crown or C/V - can't remember) Sensurround amps upstairs and four of the giant horn-loaded woofer arrays in the auditorium (two in the back corners and two under the screen). The bass generator was gone, though.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Peter Apruzzese said:
There were also control tones on the optical track that fed a controller connected to a bass synthesizer in the booth that fed those speakers. First theater I worked at in 1979 still had the special (Crown or C/V - can't remember) Sensurround amps upstairs and four of the giant horn-loaded woofer arrays in the auditorium (two in the back corners and two under the screen). The bass generator was gone, though.

I remember sitting more toward the back of the house and hearing the rear Sensurround speakers roaring to life when appropriate. They were located in a back corner, and recall they may have removed some seats to fit them. Working with live sound later in life, I used some horn loaded CV's with 18" woofers that reminded me of those Sensurround speakers.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I wonder why the British 101 films label announced a new bluray for this movie, since there is already a UK release.
maybe they'll add an extra or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks