Earthquake - 1974

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Joe Koval, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Joe Koval

Joe Koval Auditioning

Can anyone tell me if this film will ever get a 5.1 upgrade? I currently have a VHS copy and was looking to upgrade to DVD but was shocked that the DVD was only in stereo. With 2004 marking the 30th anniversary, I was hooping an upgrade would be in the works. Anyone who remembers seeing this flick in "Sensorround(spelling???)" in theaters will remember the hype. I sure would like to experience that feeling again.

2. Joe Koval

Joe Koval Auditioning

Can anyone tell me if this film will ever get a 5.1 upgrade? I currently have a VHS copy and was looking to upgrade to DVD but was shocked that the DVD was only in stereo. With 2004 marking the 30th anniversary, I was hooping an upgrade would be in the works. Anyone who remembers seeing this flick in "Sensorround(spelling???)" in theaters will remember the hype. I sure would like to experience that feeling again.

3. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Supporting Actor

An upgrade was done for the region 2 pal, which I have. It is 4.1 and it sounds very good. The picture (16x9 2.35:1)is a disappointment as it is riddled with DVNR dirt removal artifacting.

4. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Supporting Actor

An upgrade was done for the region 2 pal, which I have. It is 4.1 and it sounds very good. The picture (16x9 2.35:1)is a disappointment as it is riddled with DVNR dirt removal artifacting.

5. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John

I recall going to see Emanuelle and Earthquake, complete with it's seat shaking effects, was playing on the screen next door.

Interesting experience...

6. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John

I recall going to see Emanuelle and Earthquake, complete with it's seat shaking effects, was playing on the screen next door.

Interesting experience...

7. Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic Stunt Coordinator

Sensurround, despite its name, was never a surround format. It was a standard mono mix, with an added LFE kick. In effect, it was a 1.1 mix.

8. Andre Bijelic

Andre Bijelic Stunt Coordinator

Sensurround, despite its name, was never a surround format. It was a standard mono mix, with an added LFE kick. In effect, it was a 1.1 mix.

9. TedD

TedD Supporting Actor

I believe that it was also available in 4 track magoptical prints with the optical track used to key the sensurround generator.

Ted

10. TedD

TedD Supporting Actor

I believe that it was also available in 4 track magoptical prints with the optical track used to key the sensurround generator.

Ted