What's new

Earthquake - 1974 (1 Viewer)

Joe Koval

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me if this film will ever get a 5.1 upgrade? I currently have a VHS copy and was looking to upgrade to DVD but was shocked that the DVD was only in stereo. With 2004 marking the 30th anniversary, I was hooping an upgrade would be in the works. Anyone who remembers seeing this flick in "Sensorround(spelling???)" in theaters will remember the hype. I sure would like to experience that feeling again.

Joe Koval

Auditioning
Can anyone tell me if this film will ever get a 5.1 upgrade? I currently have a VHS copy and was looking to upgrade to DVD but was shocked that the DVD was only in stereo. With 2004 marking the 30th anniversary, I was hooping an upgrade would be in the works. Anyone who remembers seeing this flick in "Sensorround(spelling???)" in theaters will remember the hype. I sure would like to experience that feeling again.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
An upgrade was done for the region 2 pal, which I have. It is 4.1 and it sounds very good. The picture (16x9 2.35:1)is a disappointment as it is riddled with DVNR dirt removal artifacting.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
An upgrade was done for the region 2 pal, which I have. It is 4.1 and it sounds very good. The picture (16x9 2.35:1)is a disappointment as it is riddled with DVNR dirt removal artifacting.

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I recall going to see Emanuelle and Earthquake, complete with it's seat shaking effects, was playing on the screen next door.

Interesting experience...

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

I recall going to see Emanuelle and Earthquake, complete with it's seat shaking effects, was playing on the screen next door.

Interesting experience...

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Sensurround, despite its name, was never a surround format. It was a standard mono mix, with an added LFE kick. In effect, it was a 1.1 mix.

Andre Bijelic

Stunt Coordinator
Sensurround, despite its name, was never a surround format. It was a standard mono mix, with an added LFE kick. In effect, it was a 1.1 mix.

TedD

Supporting Actor
I believe that it was also available in 4 track magoptical prints with the optical track used to key the sensurround generator.

Ted

TedD

Supporting Actor
I believe that it was also available in 4 track magoptical prints with the optical track used to key the sensurround generator.

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks