What's new

Earthlink and headaches (1 Viewer)

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
...go hand in hand. I signed up for their service about three years ago. Anyhow, the problem I'm having is that I can't seem to cancel the service. Sounds silly, I know, but I can't find any way to cancel the blasted thing. I'm sure they've got a way, though it might be hidden in the bowels of their 'help' website. I've been trying for over a month to cancel it (off and on) but no luck.

Help?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
There is no way to cancel the service via the website. You must call customer service. For the past few weeks call volume has drastically decreased, so there should be plenty of available agents. At least you don't have to wait on hold forever now.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Well, I finally got it done. I cancelled my service that I hadn't been using in the last several months. I called, got a service rep after about 5 minutes of waiting (which isn't that bad I hear) and told her the story - how I'd gone with another provider, why I was cancelling and all and she has to get her supervisor.
He comes on the phone, saying "it's a good one, eh?", presumably talking to this girl. Anyhow, he starts asking me why I changed, what hours of the day I work and how much my new service is. Maybe it's small talk, maybe it's invasive questioning. Either way at this point, I'm tired of dealing with this - I just want to stop them from billing me for something I haven't used in several months. I suppose the usage stats would be too obvious to look at.
Anyhow, I finally convince the guy to do his job and we're done with them.
*whew* I've gotten that out of my system. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks