What's new

Earth vs The Flying Saucers 9/17/02 Release (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
According to the rumor mill over at Digital Bits, Earth vs The Flying Saucers will be released to DVD on 9/17/02.

My question is what was the OAR when it was shown in theaters?. If anyone can provide info on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...698#post770698
Short version: Harryhausen himself stated that his black & white and color films for Columbia were designed for projection anywhere from Academy ratio up through 1.85. So if Columbia issues Earth vs. the Flying Saucers in the same manner as the new release of 20,000,000 Miles to Earth (both versions: wide & full), everybody will be happy.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!! Although I was hoping for a double bill with It Came From Beneath the Sea. I'm still happy though. :)
Now where the hell is Mysterious Island. :D

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Thanks for the info Peter. Forgot about that thread..opps
Jack & Jim I also share your joy. This was one of my favorites when I was a wee one. :D
Now where the hell is Mysterious Island.
I wonder about that too, along with Journey To The Center Of The Earth. These are 2 huge missing pieces to my collection.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I am ALL OVER this one...in the realm of silly 50's sci-fi, this one's script holds up remarkably well.

Cheers.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
that will be more one must buy then. Getting expensive towards the end of the year with so many releases coming out.
:D

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
Quote:"Now where the Hell is Mysterious Island?"
This is from www.dvddrive-in.com...
"The fantastic Captain Nemo (Herbert Lom) once again inspires the spirit of adventure in another Jules Verne classic, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND the latest installment of Columbia TriStar's "Ray Harryhausen Collection" on DVD. The disc will be released on October 29 and include a new 1.85:1 Anamorphic transfer and a new featurette entitled, "The Making of MYSTERIOUS ISLAND." The disc will also include "The Harryhausen Chronicles," "This is Dynamation," a photo gallery and trailers."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks