Earth: Final Conflict Season 1 and 2 DVD, when?!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jim F. C., Apr 20, 2004.

1. Jim F. C.

Jim F. C. Auditioning

Hello,

I'm a big fan of EFC. Last year, ADV films released the seasons 3 - 5. Rights to seasons 1 - 2 are owned by Universal. Is there anybody who knows when they plan to release it?

Thank you,

Jim F. C.

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I haven't heard of any plans at this time, but at the rate Universal is announcing new sets we could hear about it anytime.

Gord

3. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

at this rate, the Taelons will be here first [​IMG]

4. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I really hope they release them 16:9- if not I'll just forget it.

5. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

This is of course assuming that S1 and S2 were FILMED 16:9

6. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I'm fairly certain the whole series was filmed widescreen. I read about it sometime back, and I don't recall where.

Anyone want to confirm this?

7. Marcee

Marcee Agent

I really don't care about the format. I just hate to miss the start of a series and have only part of it. I've waited a bit to buy S3-S5 because I wanted to start at the beginning. I only saw S1, so to watch S3 and beyond without S2 could be confusing.
    So, I hope that Universal realizes that fans would appreciate it. Of course, they may be looking at the sales of S3-S5 (and if people like me are out there - this is a Catch-22 thing)...lower sales of 3-5 since 1 & 2 are not out yet.
    Oh well, I better get what's out now just in case 1 & 2 never happen.

8. Jim F. C.

Jim F. C. Auditioning

I think it was, because in season 3-5 is a lot of shots from season 2 in "Previously on Gene Roddenberry's Earth Final Conflict".

9. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Always wondered why they released the crappy seasons first now I know. I don't think I've seen any plans to release EFC in the immediate future, but they are slugish as hell on ATV Product. I enjoyed Season 1 of EFC alot until the powers that be ruined the show in the subsequent seasons, given a good price point I might be obliged to pick it up. Although it might also be kind of a bummer given to how the show was suckage after boone got Fired.

10. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Good price? ADV's S3-S5 are $22 @ DDD, which is damn good. ADV does some of the best anamorphic transfers around too.

11. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I would love to see S1 and S2 get released by Universal. I should buy EFC S3- S5 someday after I start buying the Andromeda DVDs.

12. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I'm pretty impressed by ADV's live product. Whatever you want to say about the shows themselves, they offer the best deal/PQ for the money.

Andromeda S1

13. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Dredging this one up again. Any news?

BTW- Mutant X S1 box set is out.

14. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

No new news.

15. Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F Stunt Coordinator

Dredging up this one since I saw on amazon.com.uk that season 1 of EFC is being released on 2/7/06
    Or at least this is what I assume since it says that it stars Kevin Kilner who starred in season 1 and guest starred in a couple of episodes in season 5 (which has been out for over 2 years).
    Anyway. maybe at long last, Universal is starting to consider releasing the final two seasons of this series - season 1 and 2.

16. Bonnie*F

Bonnie*F Stunt Coordinator

Dredging up this one since I saw on amazon.com.uk that season 1 of EFC is being released on 2/7/06
    Or at least this is what I assume since it says that it has Kevin Kilner who starred in season 1 and guest starred in a couple of episodes in season 5 (which has been out for over 2 years).
    Anyway. maybe at long last, Universal is starting to consider releasing the final two seasons of this series - season 1 and 2.

17. tjguitar85

tjguitar85 Stunt Coordinator

Still no luck. Also, season 4 has seem to have gone out of print. ?? It was the best of the 3 IMO, maybe its a beastmaster-type thing, where they stop pressing them after the initial pressing? S3 and S5 could be sold out soon?

18. Gustav

Gustav Auditioning

I Am in With All you Guys

It has been way more than A year Since the R2 Season One has been released.
    Just like All of you I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WANTTTTT!!!! The FIRST AND SECONDS seasons to be released In The R1 (ONE) Sets.
    Evin if Universal puts them both in one Thin pack set I would be VERYYYYYYYYYYYY HAPPPPPPYYYYYY! Please! Universal

Does any one know where I can vote for the Releases??

I see what you mean by Season 4 is hard to come by now.
    I was going to get the last 3 season when S1 and S2 comes out.
    Glade I decided to pick up S3 and S5, Hope that my S4 Order Pulls through.

19. Sean*IR

Sean*IR Auditioning

kinda off topic but since these are going out of print and mutant x is also, any chance of them getting a re-release sometime.

20. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Producer

Another Beastmaster situation. I don't understand exactly why one season suddenly becomes impossible to find everywhere you look. Season 3 of Beastmaster was impossible to obtain, because it simply wasn't availabale, while seasons 1, and 2 were easy to get. After almost a year of this, seasons 1, and 2, are now hard to find. With EFC, looks like the same thing is happening all over again. There is only one way to explain this, and that is: ADV is pulling that particular season for a purpose. I don't know what it could be, but that has to be the answer.