Earnest on DVD! Honey I shrunk the Kids!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Apr 15, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Edit - Information Courtesy of DigitalBits.com - edit.

Finally, ALL The Earnest movies are being released on DVD! Not to mention Honey I shrunk the kids(First two are all I care about), and Muppets Christmas Carol. Sadly, the company that seems to be releasing this are Beanu Vista. What's their track records as far as special editions go? If it's just the movies? I think I'll wait....

Why don't studios realise that they can make more money from Special Editions, even if it's just a few extra thousands?

2. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Yep. I was going to be real mad when DVDFile listed only a trilogy of Ernest movies, omitting Goes to Jail. Thankfully, the Bits listed it.
    "A three-legged dog walks into a saloon and says, 'I'm looking for the man who shot my paw!'"
    Very artlessly-made movie, but a fun little time killer. Don't know that I could bring myself to buy them, but it'll be comforting knowing I can. [​IMG]
    RIP Jim Varney.

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

[​IMG] to $9.99 retail prices on brand new DVDs. (All four Ernest titles will retail for that.)
    [​IMG] to Disney's rush to get as many catalogue titles out, and putting quantity in front of quality. [​IMG]

4. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I'll definately get Ernest Goes to Camp and Ernest Goes to Jail. Those are the only Ernest movies I like.

5. Joseph Bolus

Joseph Bolus Cinematographer

OK ... In light of the recent controversy regarding the Snow Dogs and the Muppet Treasure Island releases, I have to ask this question:
    How many of these rushed-to-disc titles will be presented in OAR??
    I mean, I'd like to have Captain Ron and Beaches ... but only if they're presented in their OAR.

6. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

How many of these rushed-to-disc titles will be presented in OAR??
    Well, I'd say we'll probably find out a week or so before release when DVD Empire posts the cover scans. Disney has been OH SO GREAT in releasing information on their upcoming DVDs. I'd bet that many of them won't be in OAR, particularly if their laserdiscs were P&S.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

DVDFile says they will all be widescreen, but I'll believe it when I see it. Oh, and Greg, thanks for reminding me of one of Mr. Worrel's one-liners, I about fell out of my chair. Goes to Camp, Saves Christmas, and Goes To Jail...ALL MINE! I pray Disney releases these in OAR, because, I'll come out and admit it, temptation may rise for me to have them any way I can on DVD......don't let them make me sell out!

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Well, the discs haven't even been mastered for most of these. And DVD File says Muppet Christmas Carol will be FullScreen only. Anything regarding aspect ratio at this point is just an assumption, and that's one they probably made from our effort to get MCC in widescreen.

They didn't even mention Houseguest or the 4th title in the "trilogy of terror" (Ernest goes to Jail). The original Mighty Ducks has already been released.

9. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Yes! Who needs Indy, Lord of the Rings or the 3 other Star Wars movies. KAZAAM IS COMING OUT!!!!!! [​IMG]

10. Everett A

Everett A Agent

Has anyone seen "Ernest Goes to School?"

I was a technical advisor in that movie, and when they needed a little more "action" in the opening credits scene, they recruited me to walk across the screen, right in front of Ernest!

So I had to flip my t-shirt inside out (can't have logos you know), and carry this long wooden school bench across teh screen.

Watch for me!

11. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

Release date for the Ernest Movies?

Thanks!

12. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

September 3rd is what the digital bits is reporting. I'll definitely be picking these up!

13. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg

14. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

"Ernest Goes to Camp" is on my list [​IMG] At the risk of ruining what little reputation I may have built in this place, I ADORE that movie.

15. Chas_Michael

Chas_Michael Second Unit

I love all the Ernest Movies!

16. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

17. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

18. JavierS

JavierS Stunt Coordinator

Wait, wasn't there ANOTHER Ernest flick that was released in theatres?? Something about Ernest fighting Trolls or something? Earnest Saves Halloween or something like that??

19. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Slam Dunk Ernest was from Disney, and the others were from Monarch Home Video (the folks behind Ski School II!). I was just correcting the statement that all of the Ernest movies are soon to be released on DVD.

Javier: You're thinking of Ernest Scared Stupid.

20. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    I'm wondering if anyone else here has heard of Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam?