Early 'Walk the Line" DVD details

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Kain_C, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

Was listening to Cinemagic on XM tonight and 'Walk the Line' director James Mangold was discussing details of the eventual DVD. He said that there are plans to include a longer cut of the film as well as 'complete' concert performances by Phoenix and Witherspoon (Mangold noted that the theatrical cut only contained bits and pieces of concerts). He also said a director's commentary would be included. No word on cast commentary which would no doubt be high in demand.

2. JackKay

JackKay Second Unit

Wow, the movie is quite the hit coming in #2 for the second week in a row. It only dropped down 12% from its debut last week and has $54.7 million in 10 days going against Harry. It's a hit and will be a Big DVD release. Plus Oscar noms and awards next quarter.

3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

It's Fox so it seems safe to assume all that stuff will be on a re-release. [​IMG]

4. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Producer

Looking forward to seeing the longer cut, I felt that the theatrical run glossed over many scenes and significant moments which felt a bit rushed and could have been better phased out.

5. RyanAn

RyanAn Screenwriter

It'll be a nice tie in with the 2nd Garfield release, Spine #45. [​IMG]

I would love to see a longer cut of the movie, as the most enjoyable portions of Walk the Line to me were the concerts and music.

Ryan

6. donnie_d

donnie_d Stunt Coordinator

anyone know if they ever goin' to release the longer cut of Girl Interrupted? did James Mangold say anything about it lately?

7. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    I saw this over the weekend and really enjoyed it. I didn't imagine Joaquin could hold the screen as well as he did, and an Oscar nom is almost assured. Reese was also quite good.

A longer cut of the film? It is pretty long already (2 hrs & 15 minutes), but I think they are going wit hthe "Ray" treatment for this one. Still, a longer cut is always appreciated, just as long as the theatrical version can be made available too.

Fox is the studio that made the film IIRC, so hopefully they don't start off wit hthe songle disc treament and then pull the double dip on us. Though if what the director said is true about a longer cut, at leasst we have knoiwldge ahead of time just in case.

8. Kain_C

Kain_C Screenwriter

Mangold didn't mention anything about his other films. I think he really was all about 'Walk the Line', especially after revealing the film was supposed to have been released for April of this year!