What's new

Early teaser up for the musical "Chicago" (1 Viewer)

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like it could be interesting. I'm just glad that studios are starting to make musicals again, thank god for Moulin Rouge having been as big a hit as it was.
Next I'd love to see a movie version of Rent :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would love a movie of Rent, also, just so long as they don't screw it up (which I can easily see happening).

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
I saw an article on this a while back when Moulin Rouge got its Oscar nomination. Bring it on.

Next I'd love to see a movie version of Rent
Having seen the Broadway musical production, I thought this was Baz Luhrman's next project that is already in pre-production. Or is that a different Rent?

~Edwin

DaveCheung

Agent
Luhrman's doing Puccini's La Boheme in modern settings and in English. There was an article on it in the NY Times aorund Oscars time but I can't find it on the website.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Luhrman's doing Puccini's La Boheme in modern settings and in English.
Rent is based on Puccini's La Bohème therefore, it is the same one. Rent opened at the Nederlander Theatre on the 100th anniversary of the original La Bohème. I'm looking forward to this version by Baz Lurman.

~Edwin

PatrickL

Second Unit
Or is that a different Rent?
Same one, but all I've read is rumour so far about Luhrmann possibly taking it on. This, after Miramax pulled the plug on Spike Lee (who got as far as auditioning people)
To clarify: Rent is based on La Boheme, but Luhrmann's name has come up recently around both - the film version of the former, and his stage version of the latter.

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Rent is based on Puccini's La Bohème therefore, it is the same one
I've never seen a production of La Boheme, but I'd be willing to bet it doesn't have 'Light my Candle' or 'Seasons of Love' in it. :D
This was the first I had heard that anyone was thinking of doing a movie version, I'm a little disappointed to read that it already died. Coming attractions said that Miramax was having budget issues with it. Hopefully Luhrman can revive the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AaronChi
Recent bookmarks