What's new

Early for Halloween but...??? (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
Please MGM and Columbia: MGM more of your great Midnite Movies...and Columbia please some of your Hammer titles...it would be most appreicated.
thanks.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the buzz surrounding the Universal Monster Legacy and Hammer Collections being released this week will nudge them in the right direction!

AlanBrom

Second Unit
In the summer, Columbia ia going to release the Cushing/Lee monsterfest, THE CREEPING FLESH. And hopefully MGM will get more Midnite Movies out before they are bought up.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
As someone who's never seen The Wolfman, Dracula or the other title they're releasing (The Mummy, right?), I'm thinking of a blind buy. Any suggestions as to which is the best?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Anthony,
THE FRANKENSTEIN LEGACY set would probably be your best bet, as it contains two acknowledged masterpieces of cinema, FRANKENSTEIN and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN. But all of the sets contain very entertaining films(with the exception of the tedious SHE-WOLF OF LONDON on the WOLFMAN LEGACY set). Unfortunately, there isn't a MUMMY set as of yet, but if what is released on Tuesday sells well, we'll probably be seeing more of these sets in the future.

As far as Columbia releasing some horror classics is concerned, I would like to see them release not only the Hammer films they own, but Karloff's "Mad Scientist" series of the early forties, and especially the 1935 Karloff classic THE BLACK ROOM, a film that is so good that it looks like it could be a James Whale film from Universal, and Karloff gives one of his best performances.

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator

Stick with the Frankenstein and/or Dracula legacy sets. Both original films are pretty darn good, and so is Bride, as already mentioned. Both have great extras too, the kind you actually want to watch more than once.

I found Wolf Man to be kinda silly. And I was bored by both The Mummy and the original Creature from the Black Lagoon. Obviously I'm not as big a monster fan as some people -- just trying to give my honest opinion. I'm not sure if I'll pick up the Frankenstein and Dracula sets by themselves or pick up the Monster Legacy set and give the Wolfman flicks another try.

DeanR

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
I would like Columbia to release a widescreen version of Happy Birthday to Me .

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
M-G-M needs to release BURN WITCH BURN and BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW for their Midnight Movie series. DVD DRIVE-IN says we should "rest assured" that more Midnight Movies are coming in August. I wonder if they have some inside information. I hope these and other titles arrive before any possible future aquisition by Sony, after which time I would expect no such releases at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks