What's new

Early Delivery Time from Whole Foods? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We are avoiding going into a store as much as possible. When my wife shops, no matter the time of day, she seldom gets an early time. This is important, because I suspect the staff doesn’t shop for your groceries until the actual delivery time approaches. If true, this means they are shopping late in the day for us, after the shelves have been picked over. Often 3,4, or 5 items are not available. These include milk, eggs, bread, baking power, what have you.

Has anyone discovered a way to get an early time? We are not borders. We want to order the usual stuff, a dozen eggs, vegetable oil, etc.

Jeez this sucks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’ve noticed in NYC that delivery times are all over the place and that what I order doesn’t necessarily reflect what I’ll get. And actually, for the past two weeks I haven’t been able to schedule a delivery at all from any of the delivery services. I’m thinking of venturing out to the store tonight. I’m not planning on hoarding but i think I’ll be eyeing things with longer shelf lives, like frozen vegetables over fresh, so that I can make meals without feeling like my fridge is full of ticking clocks. Last time I did the market I got all fresh stuff and it was a fun but hectic week trying to juggle expiration dates and appetites. I think I’m ready to not have to worry so much about that.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’ve noticed in NYC that delivery times are all over the place and that what I order doesn’t necessarily reflect what I’ll get. And actually, for the past two weeks I haven’t been able to schedule a delivery at all from any of the delivery services. I’m thinking of venturing out to the store tonight. I’m not planning on hoarding but i think I’ll be eyeing things with longer shelf lives, like frozen vegetables over fresh, so that I can make meals without feeling like my fridge is full of ticking clocks. Last time I did the market I got all fresh stuff and it was a fun but hectic week trying to juggle expiration dates and appetites. I think I’m ready to not have to worry so much about that.
Around here, frozen vegetables have been difficult to find lately, while eggs are now reasonably stocked.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The mysteries of the supply chain!
People realized all of a sudden that frozen veggies last longer than fresh. Once the official stay-at-home order came a couple weeks ago is when the rush on frozen veggies hit. The last time I went to the grocery store, a week ago, the cheese was picked clean, except for the bags of shredded crap.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
What is wish is that Whole Foods would let me choose a date a week into the future, when I could choose an early shopping time, and my shopper would be shopping early.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
They say death and taxes are always reliable. My thread starter got me to thinking something else is more reliable. Even during a world-wide pandemic, inequality is always there. For example, I’m complaining about ordering groceries online. For most of the world, they would love to have that as amongst their worst problems. We’re retired and don’t have to worry about going to work or not having a paycheck. So I’ll settle for problems with online ordering.

aphanicsnarl

Auditioning
Real Name
Marie
Maybe due to limited manpower that is why there is delayed in delivery. First in - first out policy applies here. Most companies are observing health and safety protocols and it's the reason why they are not in full force.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Someone asked me recently in an online conversation about my turnaround time for home delivery groceries. My answer was "2025" seemed to to confuse them. I don't live 200 miles from civilization and I'm probably at the fringes of a Top 20 Metro region (deep suburb, ex-burb) and I'm unaware of any sort of Home Delivery Grocery here. At best would be something like a Walmart drive-up order and I'm not sure any of the regular grocery stores even have that.

So far my wife has still been doing it the old fashioned way though generally trying to go very early in they day to avoid most of the crowds and so far she mentions spotty outages esp in the meat department, but for the most part the main foods seem to be OK. Maybe a bit of an advantage living at the edge of a Metro -- the not-really-a-joke about taking an extra 5 minutes to drive across town since I couldn't avoid rush hour traffic

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks