Ear infection?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Steve_Tk, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

I have no clue what more to do. I woke up today feeling like I have water in my ear. And I have a very quiet ringing in my ear all day. Tried drops but nothing worked.

It doesn't hurt like Swimmers ear does. Am I going to have to pay a visit to the doctor?

Any advice?

2. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

Thank you, but no. [​IMG]

3. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg

4. ChrisR

ChrisR Stunt Coordinator

My advice is go to the doctor A.S.A.P. !
    I got an ear infection last november. The fluid finally drained but my ears are still ringing. Although not NEARLY as bad as it was back then. My ears still pop every time I swallow and now I have tubes in my ears.
    Yeah, lots and lots of fun.
    This isn't someting that you want to put off.

5. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

You should definitely be seen by a medical professional. Do you history of swimmer's ear? Have you attended a loud concert, or been around loud noises recently (construction, home theater, etc...)? Sometimes a hair can get in there, but it usually make a "swooshing soun" rather than a ringing.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

6. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

An ear infection can be bad and turn into something really worse. It should be attended to quickly. A fluid buildup usually means that the small drainage tube between your ear and throat is swollen shut which in turn causes a vaccuum in the ear which then forms the fluid. Allergies area big reason for this but can be treated although with varying degrees of success.
    The area I live in is known as a bad allergy area but thank goodness the new nasal treatments (steroid type) alleviate or minimize the resulting reaction to an airborne allergian...
    It just seems that our atmosphere is getting more and more polluted and more and more people are becoming asthmatic or more allergic. Sad but it is a sign of the times.

Another bit of advice.... look around you and even keep a log of what you come in contact with and the resulting reaction. Our immediate environment is or favorite foods are sometimes our greatest problem.

7. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit