Eagles Hotel California in DVD A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Doug Smith, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Doug Smith

Doug Smith Second Unit

Saw this album on the shelf - I'm an Eagles fan - is the album worth buying?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Doug, the Hotel California DVD-Audio disc is definitely worth having. The 24/192 stereo track is much better than the DCC gold CD.

3. Anthony Monaco

It is considered the one of the best sounding DVD-A's (the best in the rock/popular section)

4. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

It's a must have !!![​IMG]

5. wayne p

wayne p Stunt Coordinator

A must have disc. The 5.1 DDV-A mix took me a couple of spins of the disc to get use to, but now I prefer it.

6. Jagan Seshadri

Jagan Seshadri Supporting Actor

It's a very well done DVD-A. The 5.1 mixes are great, and you get the hi-res stereo versions of the songs as well.

Don't think another second - buy it!!

-JNS

7. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Definitely worth buying even if you don't have a DVDA machine.
    It's titles like this that keep DVDA still in the ballgame.

We are all looking forward to next year's DSOTM release.

8. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

Subject to personal taste, one should also check out the upcoming release of Linda Ronstadt's What's New
    Stereo @ 24bit/192K from 30ips original analog stereo master.
    Surround @ 24bit/96K from original analog multi-track master.
    Regards,

9. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I have that Ronstadt album on vinyl. Man did I get take a lot of crap from my friends back in the 80s when I bought it. "Girly-man music" and much worse insults were hurled my way [​IMG].
    Whatever.....My grandad used to listen to big band music all the time on his big DIY speakers and little Advent receiver (the one with "only" @20 watts RMS per channel and the awesome FM tuner). So when that Ronstadt album came out and got great reviews, I blew $8 (mmmmmm, the good ol' days) on the album. It was a musical revelation. No I didn't become a Big Band groupie/nut/raver (Rush was my #1 band at the time), but found out why so many older people lament the passing of this particular era of music: all those human-powered instruments together with an awesome vocalist lending her instrument to the mix.....wow. Just beautiful. I wasn't used to the voice being so smooth & relaxing to listen to (Geddy Lee and Jon Anderson just don't compare-sorry guys!)But it's not wussy or elevatorish-sounding at all (gawd, why is that "lite jazz" crap so popular?[​IMG]).
    On CDNow.com, What's New?:
    http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID.../ITEMID=321192
    DTS sells a big band dvd-audio already (I heard a song from this on a sampler from them. It is an immersive mix & sounds great. Wiiiiide dynamic range too-I almost wet my shorts when those horns suddenly started blasting!): http://www.dtsentertainment.com/sell...c=692860106796
    LJ

10. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I've never been a big Linda Ronstadt fan, and this album is not familiar to me, but I am intrigued based on the specs. John mentioned. Perhaps I'll check out this DVD-Audio disc.