What's new

Eagles Hell Freezes Over: DTS/Non DTS Difference? (1 Viewer)

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
I see two versions listed on the bestbuy site, DTS and regular. I got the regular, and I have no idea what the difference would be. The regular says DTS on the back, and has the DTS bonus track. Help.

Murdock

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
The DTS version has a surround mix for all selections, the Regular version only has 7 bridges road with a surround mix.

Regards,

Clint B

Second Unit
I could be wrong, as I have the version that has the DTS logo on the front of the DVD packaging, but I've read in many places that there was only one version of this DVD released, which has the DTS audio-only track of Seven Bridges Road. I've heard that even the version that doesn't have the DTS logo on the front of the packaging has this. On both "packaging versions" there are two audio choices for the majority of the presentation: DTS 5.1 and PCM audio.

Christopher M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I took that disc back to BB. They don't carry the DTS version in the store. They only have the DVD-Audio DTS version in the store. I ended up getting Blade II and I'll just order the DVD DTS version.

Murdock

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I think there is some confusion here regarding Christopher's question. In the DVD-Video format, there is only one version of Hell Freezes Over. This release contains both a DTS 5.1 and PCM soundtrack. However, some packaging has a DTS banner across the top, while others do not. In either case, it is the exact same disc and can be played in any DVD player (you can play the DTS track only if your system is DTS-capable). I have no idea why the studio ever created two different covers for this single release. It only leads to this type of confusion.

Meanwhile, there are two separate CD versions of HFO. One is the standard redbook CD stereo version. The other is a DTS 5.1 CD, which can be played in any system provided (1) you have a CD or DVD player with a digital output and (2) your receiver/processor has a DTS decoder.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks