What's new

Eagles/Giants on MNF: Any thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
As a lifeling Eagles fan, I watched every millisecond of the Monday Night game with my neck all clenched and sweaty.
The Giants had beaten my beloved Eagles 9 consecutive teams (8 regular season and once in the playoffs) and it's wonderful to get that monkey off their back.
Yes, I realize it was an ugly win, but the final score certainly says something about the Eagles defensive squad.
Of course I know that the Giants are exactly going anywhere and will still be a force in the NFC East, but right now I'm too happy to care.
Take that Jim Fassel, you smug punk of a coach, you!
laugh.gif

------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I tip my hat to the Eagles, Scott! Even though I'm a Giants fan, I can honestly say that my time tonight was taken up by the "other" NY team (and I'm not talking about the Rangers!)
laugh.gif

The Eagles did what they had to do to win, and that's what counts. Winning "ugly" is a lot better than losing "ugly." Unfortunately, the Giants are relying too much on last year rather than performance on the field this year.
As proud as I am of the performance of the Yankees, I'm embarrassed by the performace of the Giants. I hope that this will be a wake up call for the Jints, but I'm not holding my breath.
At least my son-in-law (Philly native) is happy. Good job, Eagles!
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Go Birds! The Eagles are usually my #2 team but with the Redskins performance this year they've gone to #1. I watched every second of the game and it was an amazing defensive standoff by the Eagles.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Great game last night! As I was raised and lived in Reading, PA (about 60 miles from Philly) until I went to college, I've been a lifelong Eagles fan (though now I'm also a transplanted Ravens fan - fortunately they're not in the same conference so I'll never have to worry unless they both get to the Super Bowl). It was great to see them finally get a win against the Giants, who are certainly very formidable again. If only the Eagles could maintain some state of consistency! That's what's driven me nuts for the years and years I've been watching them.
I'm going to the Vet for the Eagles-Vikings game next month and can't wait - hope the "D" holds up for that game!
------------------
Scott

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I turned the game off after the third quarter (I wish MNF started at 8pm). However, I think the key to the game was that the Giants failed to get into the end zone in the first half, even though they completely dominated play. The score could have easily been 21-0 at the half. Instead, they let the Eagles stay in the game, allowing for the late winning touchdown.
It certainly was nice to see two quality teams on MNF for a change.
------------------
My DVD Collection
AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Dunno. I kinda liked Fassel. He seems like a tough, but encouraging, coach. Boy, if McNabb had some real weapons at WR, they would be a solid team. Otherwise... congrats, Eagles!
------------------
Best, Sam

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
As a Giants fan, that made me miserable. Gotta put the damned thing in the endzone, boys. When you self-destruct on the 5-yard line, it doesn't bode well.
Yuck. :)
------------------
hlfmstflg2.gif

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Any thoughts? Yeah, that McNabb-to-Thrash TD saved my fantasy team's bacon!!! (considering I have both McNabb and Thrash in my lineup!
biggrin.gif
)
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Mark Lee

Second Unit
The Giants this year are starting to resemble the Ravens of last year -- a powerful defense that continues to keep an anemic offense in games where they would otherwise be getting pounded into mulch. I mean, how can you limit the Rams and the Eagles to a total of 25 points, and yet lose both games???
Bring back Joe Morris and Phil Simms!!
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Dax Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody else think the dancing Eagles doll should get his own sitcom? That's one of the funniest things on TV right now.
quote: BEARS baby, BEARS![/quote]
I'm with you on that one! Woohoo!!
icon14.gif

------------------
Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?
[Edited last by Dax Scott on October 23, 2001 at 02:00 PM]

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Take heart Giants fans, you'll be back in first place next week. Giants/Skins, Eagles/Raiders, 'nuff said. :)
Rob
------------------
"That suits me down to the ground."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks