Eagles/Giants on MNF: Any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

As a lifeling Eagles fan, I watched every millisecond of the Monday Night game with my neck all clenched and sweaty.
    The Giants had beaten my beloved Eagles 9 consecutive teams (8 regular season and once in the playoffs) and it's wonderful to get that monkey off their back.
    Yes, I realize it was an ugly win, but the final score certainly says something about the Eagles defensive squad.
    Of course I know that the Giants are exactly going anywhere and will still be a force in the NFC East, but right now I'm too happy to care.
    Take that Jim Fassel, you smug punk of a coach, you!
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Scott Weinberg
    ------------------
    http://www.ofcs.org

2. RAF

RAF Lead Actor

I tip my hat to the Eagles, Scott! Even though I'm a Giants fan, I can honestly say that my time tonight was taken up by the "other" NY team (and I'm not talking about the Rangers!)
    [​IMG]
    The Eagles did what they had to do to win, and that's what counts. Winning "ugly" is a lot better than losing "ugly." Unfortunately, the Giants are relying too much on last year rather than performance on the field this year.
    As proud as I am of the performance of the Yankees, I'm embarrassed by the performace of the Giants. I hope that this will be a wake up call for the Jints, but I'm not holding my breath.
    At least my son-in-law (Philly native) is happy. Good job, Eagles!
    ------------------
    RAF
    [Demented Video Dude since 1997]
    [Computer Maven since 1956]
    ["PITA" since 1942]
    My HT (latest update 02/05/01)

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Go Birds! The Eagles are usually my #2 team but with the Redskins performance this year they've gone to #1. I watched every second of the game and it was an amazing defensive standoff by the Eagles. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

I found last night's game to be as boring as the previous week's with the 'Boys and 'Skins.
    BEARS baby, BEARS! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

5. Scott-C

Scott-C Supporting Actor

Great game last night! As I was raised and lived in Reading, PA (about 60 miles from Philly) until I went to college, I've been a lifelong Eagles fan (though now I'm also a transplanted Ravens fan - fortunately they're not in the same conference so I'll never have to worry unless they both get to the Super Bowl). It was great to see them finally get a win against the Giants, who are certainly very formidable again. If only the Eagles could maintain some state of consistency! That's what's driven me nuts for the years and years I've been watching them.
    I'm going to the Vet for the Eagles-Vikings game next month and can't wait - hope the "D" holds up for that game!
    ------------------
    Scott

6. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

I turned the game off after the third quarter (I wish MNF started at 8pm). However, I think the key to the game was that the Giants failed to get into the end zone in the first half, even though they completely dominated play. The score could have easily been 21-0 at the half. Instead, they let the Eagles stay in the game, allowing for the late winning touchdown.
    It certainly was nice to see two quality teams on MNF for a change.
    ------------------
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 4

7. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

Dunno. I kinda liked Fassel. He seems like a tough, but encouraging, coach. Boy, if McNabb had some real weapons at WR, they would be a solid team. Otherwise... congrats, Eagles!
    ------------------
    Best, Sam

8. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

Any thoughts? Yeah, that McNabb-to-Thrash TD saved my fantasy team's bacon!!! (considering I have both McNabb and Thrash in my lineup! [​IMG] )
    ------------------
    Mark K. Lee
    "Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
    - Tom Lehrer

9. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

The Giants this year are starting to resemble the Ravens of last year -- a powerful defense that continues to keep an anemic offense in games where they would otherwise be getting pounded into mulch. I mean, how can you limit the Rams and the Eagles to a total of 25 points, and yet lose both games???
    Bring back Joe Morris and Phil Simms!!
    ------------------
    Mark K. Lee
    "Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
    - Tom Lehrer

10. David Oliver

David Oliver Second Unit

Why did they keep interrupting the Angie Harmon Show with football?

11. Samuel Des

12. Dax Scott

Dax Scott Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody else think the dancing Eagles doll should get his own sitcom? That's one of the funniest things on TV right now.
    quote: BEARS baby, BEARS![/quote]
    I'm with you on that one! Woohoo!! [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Dax R. Scott - DVD Addict
    Ask yourself... what would Ditka do?
    [Edited last by Dax Scott on October 23, 2001 at 02:00 PM]

13. Rob Willey

Rob Willey Screenwriter

Rob
    Take heart Giants fans, you'll be back in first place next week. Giants/Skins, Eagles/Raiders, 'nuff said. [​IMG]
    Rob
    ------------------
    "That suits me down to the ground."

14. Samuel Des

Isn't the Oakland game at the Vet? That might be a tough game.
    ------------------
    Best, Sam