What's new

Eagles DVD-A question (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
While playing either the DD or DTS track of Hotel California , the bass during the first minute of the song is powerful. But as soon as the vocals come in with the volume raised pretty loud , front stage takes over and the bass is barely audible. Has anyone else noticed that ?....this the only DVD that this happens too. My cd's sound perfect. Does this have to do with the LFE of the recording ?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What is your player/connection?

I personally don't have any Eagles Hi-res(sacrilege, I know)...but the setup might be one issue...???

How many other Hi-Res do you have for comparison?

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I have a couple more that I can compare later on, I've calibrated my speakers. I guess it's the first time I really pumped up the volume on it. I have 12 inch sub that shakes the house at those volumes. The disc is a DVD audio and I'm playing the video track of it the (DTS track on a blu ray player).

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
From your description, it sounds to me like the beginning of the song has the bass mixed in the LFE track and the rest of the song has the bass mixed into the the front channels. If your front channels can't produce the low frequencies, then you need to adjust the crossovers on your receiver to direct the low frequencies to the subwoofer.
The reason you don't notice it when listening to CDs is that with 2 channel sources in pro-logic mode, low frequencies are duplicated into the subwoofer channel regardless of crossover settings.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I have this DVD-A but I don't recall playing the DTS audio. I seem to recall that the high resolution stereo doesnt play at all so I think this release was at least originally mistakenly passed through quality control. I also recall it was fixed and re-released. I will check DTS from the DVD-V section and see what I find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks