1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Eagles DTS CD problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lewis Besze, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Hi,
    I just received the Eagles DTS CD from a fellow member[trade],and I hear something like a "popping" noise coming out of the center channel when playing the "Hotel California" cut.It only happens when I play this one song on the whole CD,and it happens on the same spot every time I play it,so I doubt that it has anything to do with my equipment[Elite CD player Denon 3801 receiver,via coaxial].
    Does anyone encountered with this problem at all,could this be part of some kind of bad batch?
    Also does anybody has the DTS DVD as well,and compared the sound?Is it the same?
    The reason I ask because I have the DTS Demo#4 which has Hotel California on it,and the bass seems fuller on it,and yes, no "popping" noise on the center channel either.
    Thanks!
    ------------------
    "You Hungarians always disagree"

2. SteveRS

SteveRS Stunt Coordinator

Yes, same problem on the DVD.
    I remember quite a few complaints when it was released.

3. Alex Shk

Alex Shk Stunt Coordinator

I'm re-stating a question already asked but not answered: How does the dts CD compare to the DVD? Both have dts tracks. Both have the same tracklist. They are both around the same price. Is there any reason to choose the CD over the DVD?
    ------------------