Eagles - Desperado CD

Discussion in 'Music' started by TomCW, Jul 30, 2003.

1. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

I've got the Elektra/Asylum 5068 CD and I don't find the sound quality that good. Seems kind of compressed and edgey to me. Is there a re-master of this that has improved sonics?

Tom

2. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Does anyone remember how big the Eagles were? [​IMG]

In other words I'm surprised no one has an opinion or knows this answer.

(I don't, the only cd I have is a Japanese version of Greatest Hits, because it had a better selection on a single disk than the 2 cds that used to be the Eagles Greates Hits had)

3. Anthony Monaco

Had Desperado years ago, (lent/trade with a buddy). I didn't think much of the sound itself. Their is a gold DCC of their greatest hits (1st), it has two songs from Desperado (Tequila Sunrise & ... Desperado) & is the best sounding cd that I own. The tube amps really shine on this one.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom, I have seen some Eagles CDs in stores with "digitally remastered" stickers on the front. I don't recall the remastering jobs being advertised heavily like we see with a lot of big-name artists. I've also run across European imports of Eagles albums that have been remastered. Unfortunately, I don't know if Desperado has been remastered, but it probably has. For the scoop on the sound quality of different versions, I'd do a search on www.stevehoffman.tv and then post a question, if necessary. This is the sort of question that the knowledgable folks there will be all over.

5. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

The copy of Desperado which I bought 3 years ago is a European copy and it isn't a remaster. I don't think there was a remastered copy back then, I remember I looked for it. If they released one since then I don't know.

6. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Thanks to all who replied... guess I'll pose the question over at the Hoffman forum.
    Tom

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Tom, I see that you got some conflicting opinions on Hoffman's board. That was bound to happen. Not surprisingly, Steve Hoffman likes the original release, which is a flat transfer.

8. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Keith, yeah I'm just gonna look for a remaster on the cheap and give it a listen myself.
    Tom