What's new

EAC will NOT rip this track. What to do next? (1 Viewer)

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
I'm in the process of converting my CD collection to MP3s using EAC and LAME. The process has gone smoothly for the most part, but now I've come across a track (GNR Civil War) that will NOT rip.
In Secure Mode, I get read and sync errors. In burst mode, the resulting MP3 has all sorts of skipping problems. When I play the CD, I don't notice any trouble whatsoever. I bought the CD less than two years ago, and there are no scratches or smudges on the bottom. I've tried ripping on my Pioneer DVD-116 and my HP 8100i.
So what can I do? Here are my possible options:
1. Try resurfacing the CD. Never tried this before. Has anyone had good or bad experiences with these gadgets?
2. Get a new CD burner. I'm due for one anyway (still using my 4 year old 4x). Would a better drive have better luck with DAE? Also, I know Plextors have a great rep for DAE. How are Lite-Ons in comparison?
3. Get a new CD.
Any other suggestions or recommendations?

Patrick Cate

Stunt Coordinator
My only suggestion would be to try another program to rip this particular CD. At the very least this should narrow down whether the problem is with the CD or EAC. I'd suggest trying CDex, MusicMatch, Media Jukebox, and/or Nero. I would at least try this before you consider buying a new CD or burner. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
You can temporality disable the error-correcting mode in EAC. Tell EAC to instead do a two-pass comparison (it reads the track twice, making sure both reads are the same). This mode was EAC's original ripping method, and a good fall-back for CDROMs without the error-correcting ability.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I've had a similar problem before and it was fixed by not using the "Detect Gaps" feature. Try using or not using this...

A question of my own, now(no sense in starting a new EAC thread). Is there a way to get EAC to rip a CD as one continuous track?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Is there a way to get EAC to rip a CD as one continuous track?
Action > Copy Image & Create Cue Sheet > Uncompressed ...
Then give it a file name and it will rip the entire CD as one .wav file. The cue sheet will log where tracks begin and end, etc. It's the easiest way to make an exact copy of a disc in EAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks