EAC having problems with anime soundtrack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daren Welsh, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I've used EAC and LAME to rip and encode my CD collection to VBR mp3s. Some of the CDs were well worn and so it took EAC a while to rip them, but they all worked out. I just recenly bought a 2-cd soundtrack to an anime series (Boogiepop Phantom) and tried to rip it. I thought I was done until I listened to the songs. It seems every song was cut short -- only the first couple minutes of each song was ripped. I haven't changed my config since doing the rest of my CDs and can't figure out why this is happening. I even did a hard reboot.

2. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

Are you using the "Detect Gap" feature? If music is placed between the tracks "Detect Gap" will cause it to be ignored completely. If you're not using that feature, try ripping them track by track using the "Copy Range" function...

3. Daren Welsh

Thanks, I'll give it another try tonight.

4. Daren Welsh

I'm not sure I know how to turn off the "detect gap" feature. Under drive properties, there's a tab for that feature with two pulldown menus. The first is to pick from methods A, B, and C. The second is to choose between inaccurate, accurate, and secure. [​IMG]
    I'll keep poking around, but it might take a while since there are so many options for EAC.

5. Kris McLaughlin

Kris McLaughlin Stunt Coordinator

There's also an option in the first tab of the "EAC Options" box that says "skip track on read error". If this is turned on, the track will be skipped as soon as EAC has a problem reading the track. I have ripped many CD's with it off and as often as not there is no audible problem, even when EAC reports a read error.
    This might be worth a shot for you, too.

6. Daren Welsh

Hmm, I'm not sure which change did it, but it seems to be working again.

7. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

Cool. For future reference, the "Detect Gap" feature I was talking about is under the "Action" menu. You have to run it manually every time you load EAC. If you don't there shouldn't be any problems...