What's new

EA to buy Black Box... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Apparently EA didn't take too kindly to those words from Sega. Of course since Black Box is developing Need for Speed they may have gotten tight with EA.
Black Box
Not much into sports games but I'm curious to see who will be handling NHL 2k3. (Visual Concepts??)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Black Box only did NHL2K. Visual Concepts did NHL2K2.

Black box has done numerous projects for EA in the past (as the article points out), and are located in Vancouver, which is where EA Canada's huge office is, so it does make perfect sense.

Except that, I think it was started by Ex-EA employees.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Gotcha;) Thanks.
Like I said sports games are definitely not my forte so I was not sure of who did what with the NHL series..

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
:laugh: Larry... So true, but hey, until the demise of the dreamcast, that was the only hockey we dreamcasters could get...

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
That's why I was pissed!!! I was a DIE HARD DC supporter and I had fucking the WORST piece of shit embarassment hockey game EVER. I even tried to tell my friends it was BETTER than the NHL 1999 on their PSXs!!!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
NHL2k was pretty rushed, and there were those that thought it had pretty good gameplay.

EA's had over 10 years and still can't get it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks