EA SPORTS NHL 2002 ( XBOX Version )

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Micheal, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Is this game out yet? I know that IGN reviewed it but I'm not paying a dime to read a review from them. Anyone have it yet?
    If so give us some impressions... [​IMG]

2. Steve Herman

Steve Herman Auditioning

Micheal,
    I tooled around with this game last night, and I really enjoyed the gameplay. The commentary and play-by-play left alot to be desired, but when I turned those off the game was vastly improved. The game is fun to play, and I can't wait to get home tonight to play some more NHL 2002 on the BOX!![​IMG]

3. Andrew P

Andrew P Second Unit

This game is great. I originally purchased this on PS2 when it came out a few months ago and I was disappointed. Unless I am imagining things I think the camera angles are a little better (IE[​IMG]urther back) in this version (especially the ice-or classic as I like to call it). The graphics are crisp and the frame rate is very steady. There might be on or two tiny hiccups but it is almost unoticeable.
    In fairness to PS2 I think SSX Tricky is much better on PS2. THe X-box version comes to a halt if you race and the other players are on the screen and even in 2 player trick mode the action slows if two people are on screen.
    I love my X-box though. I never thought the system could be this good so soon!
    Andy

4. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I rented it last night and had a blast playing it. The commentary seems a little weak to me but the gameplay was fantastic! I have noticed a glitch though... I've had the game show automatic replays of "big hits" that were barely considered a bump and not show the real dingers.
    Besides that minor flaw the gameplay is the real winner here, I've played two complete 20 minute period games and I'm having a real problem scoring. This is really good for me as I tend to rip through the goalies like they are paper cutouts! [​IMG]
    If anyone has any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them...
    P.S. It's sounds sweet in DD 5.1

5. Christopher L

Christopher L Auditioning

Does it support 16:9 gameplay like Madden does?

6. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I only got to play a few games but I'm pretty sure that it does NOT support 16x9. If memory serves me... [​IMG]

7. David Head

David Head Second Unit

8. Alan_Plummer

Alan_Plummer Auditioning

Does anyone know if the game includes fights?

9. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

It does include fights.

10. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

11. Jon Diehl

Jon Diehl Stunt Coordinator

Are you sure that wasn't NHL Hitz?

12. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

Jon,
    You may be right about that. I was just walking by the display and wasn't paying close attention to it. Sorry if I confused anyone. [​IMG]