What's new

EA sports games: X-box vs PS2 (1 Viewer)

Manuel

Stunt Coordinator
Let me begin by saying that I am not that big into video games. I usually just buy sport games and typically from the EA line.

My question is this: I have a PS2. I got it for one game only: NCAA football. I have seen where EA just confirmed that it will be going to the X-box and PS2 this summer. For those that have played EA games on both PS2 and X-box, what is the difference on the graphics? Is it a small difference or a big one? Are the games on the box just ported from the PS2 version? In your opinion, is it worth getting the box over the PS 2? I rate games in this order: graphics and gameplay tied, then sound.

Also, I have my PS2 hooked up with a component cable and play on a Mits 65819. I will asume that if I get an X-box I will get the component cables as well.

Thanks

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
IGN states that SSX Tricky for the Xbox runs smoother and looks better overall graphically than the PS2, the same goes for Artic Thunder. Although it's nice to have multiple systems, it's a pain to find out which system presents the game the best. I had XG3 for both the PS2 and GC. While the GC version controls better the graphics and sound are unmatched on the PS2, so I sold the GC version.

I'd say shoot for the Xbox by default when you are torn between the two. I'll probably get blasted for saying that but the PS2 is simply a year older and developers admittedly prefer the Xbox more for developing.

Also 480p and *good* in-game digital sound ain't bad either.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
It's pretty obvious, if you just want EA Sports games, they'll always look better on the Xbox because of progressive scan. Xbox versions are noted for having cleaner textures and better framerates as well. And sound is through DD 5.1. Let's see, the Xbox has 4 controller ports too. And ethernet capabilities.

Capiche?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks