What's new

EA and no XBL Support (Petition online) (1 Viewer)

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Screw EA. Sega Sports has eclipsed them as far as sports games go, and if it wasn't for FIFA and BF1942, I wouldn't play any EA game. They can stay with the GC and PS2 for all I care.
:D

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Chris,

I would totally agree with you except on one count...EA's NCAA Football series. I am hoping that NCAA 2004 for Xbox supports Live. I played the 2003 version for months and still feel like I could go back to it anytime and have a ton of fun. Hopefully EA will wisen up and get Live integrated into their games.

Brandon Smith

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Honestly...I think Sony has their hands deep into EAs pockets. That is why they are only online with PS2.

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
Don't even get me started on NCAA Football 2003. I play it a fair amount, but my roomate plays it like a junkie plays EverCrack.

Great game though; Sega can definitely improve their college sports games.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
It needs to be worded in a less hostile way. It simply needs to communicate that customers are not happy with EA's business decisions. That this affects their buying decisions to the detriment of EA's bottomline. The rant on the petition seems childish and detracts from what I feel like are the main points.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I signed it. It isn't the Magna Carta, but every little bit of pressure helps. If it can get BF1942 back on the Xbox, I'd sign 20 petitions.

Steve Blair

Second Unit
I just signed it too. My comments were "support xbox live and I will support EA. If not, then I won't be buying your games." That's pretty much to the point I would say...

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
I browze a couple of other forums and have the mushroom started there as well.

The emails to EA can't hurt either.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
If the emails are worded in a similiar fashion to the petition, they might just.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
The only good thing Eidos does is publish Ion Storm games, which are mainly geared towards single player.

Or is everyone supposed to be upset that we'll never see versions of Chicken Run and Eve of Extinction with XBL support?

How much say does the publisher really have though? If Ion Storm decided that it REALLY wanted to put Deus Ex 2 on XBL, could Eidos say no?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
As Eidos own Ion Storm, I'd reckon they have final say... Someone has to pay the bills for the dev time it'd take to implement it. I'm sure Ion Storm have independence from Eidos, but how much?

The only good thing Eidos does is publish Ion Storm games, which are mainly geared towards single player.
I thought you were a Hitman fan, James? Besides, Eidos do plenty of good games - Tomb Raider, Championship Manager, TimeSplitters, the Legacy of Kain games, Commandos all sping to mind. They do much more than publish Chicken Run.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Eidos do plenty of good games - Tomb Raider, Championship Manager, TimeSplitters, the Legacy of Kain games, Commandos all sping to mind.
Most importantly I believe they are also publishing DX2 Invisible War and the up and coming Thief III.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
As JamesH mentioned, they're primarily (only) single player games - Eidos "dropping" XBL support isn't going to impact those two projects.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks