What's new

E3 2002 Who's Going? (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I am heavily considering going to E3 2002, I was just wondering if any other HTF members are planning to go? BTW just in case you don't know this is an industry only event, but there are other ways of getting in.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
If I knew I could get in,then I'd find a way to go.

Maybe my cable access show could help, or my TRU connection..(Yah......)

Calvin

Jay_Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
I might go...last year's E3 sucked the life out of me. Get kinda tired of fighting the crowds and man do my feet hurt after all that walking. Heh. Had more fun at the IMAX 3d showing of Haunted Mansion on Universal Studiowalk.
Let's see what's looking interesting this year:
Project Ego
FFXI
Shadowbane
Duke Nuke 'Em Forever
Enclave
Brute Force
Cel-da..:)
Mario Sunshine
Soul Calibur 2
Hunter the Reckoning
Fallout 3
Unreal 2/ UT2/Unreal Warfare
Dunno if Doom 3 will make an appearance
Asherons Call 2 a maybe
Everquest 2 (Verants need to get on the ball an announce this)
Hopefully a Devil May Cry Sequel
NeverWinter Nights (hopefully Bioware and Interplay kiss and make up)
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance sequel
Halo sequel
World of Warcraft
Star Wars Galaxies
Wondering what those Oddworld fellows will do
Batman Dark Tomorrow (might be vaporware)
Dungeon Siege (Hoping this ships in April and if it does I'm not going to E3 heh)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to go but I probably won't. I went in 96 and have wished I could go back every year. One of these days...

For those concerned about being able to get in... unless they've tightened things up from when I went, don't be concerned. When we called to get information on what credentials would be needed, we were told that you don't need anything. Just show up, get in line, pay your $100 (or whatever it is now) and have fun.

Just to be safe though, get some business cards made up for a website, or your own little games company. If you do em up right, you could get in for free or even get a press pass. Also, try signing up early (you will most likely need a card then) to save some money and avoid the looooong registration line.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Calvin,
Your TRU "connection" will work just fine. I went to many a CES posing as the TRU video game buyer. No big deal.
I learned, however, it's much better to pose as a member of the media. You get to go to more parties that way. Just be prepared for the possibility of awkward conversations. ;)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
the media badge which is free seems pretty hard to get. i work for a publication company that publishes multiple magazines (unfortunately none on entertainment or gaming). im still debating if I want to go or not..but if so..i can create a fake article in one of our magz and make a copy and send it in..

FYI: for the Free Media badge you need:

1) Copy of business card that says you are a journalist

2) matching Drivers License

3) copy of entertainment article printed in last 6months with your by line and title of magazine clearly visible on the article

thats about it. registration is online and you fax the credentials etc.

or you can just pay the 200 for general admission (even though its not open to the public, i dont think any credentials are required for the general fee admission)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks