What's new

E-tail from the States to Canada? (1 Viewer)

Tom Boz

Auditioning
Read on a thread a while ago that Candians can order from etailers and ship to Canada without duties. Would love to save the few hundred bucks, but I might S*%# myshelf waiting for the thing to show up or worry about the waranty. :frowning: What does this cost and who do you use to ship? Any help would be great

PeterG

Agent
Not so easy here. For warranty purposes something like www.etronics.com will result in you having no warranty. www.6ave.com are Denon authorised retailers but they do not ship to Canada. I do not know what will happen if you have a US product and you need warranty service. Do you want to ship it over the border again with all the hassles of having sales tax issues etc?

For certain things I have no worries at all about buying on the web from US sites but with speakers, receivers etc I really do not want the hassle. I want to have a store close by if I want to upgrade on a whim, or have some problem. Being in Canada creates a lot of problems with cross-border shipping and to me is not worth it, even though US prices are very attractive.

However, forgetting the wonderful 6ave.com price break on the 3803 their price on the 2803 is more (US$799) that I can get from my store in Vancouver Hi-fi Centre when converted. Their 3803 (forgetting about the special deal) price is a bit cheaper but not that cheap enough that I can forget about the demerits.

And from my store I can get trade-ins down the road which the mass market stores will not give you. On my 3 year old Pioneer VSX-509s I received a C$200 trade-in which I thought was fair.

Peter

JeffHunter

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

I purchased a receiver over the border (Harman Kardon AVR-225 Refurb) I had to wait 11 days for my new toy to get to me. That really sucked, I hated having to wait .. I'm one of those people who wants to play with his new toy right away. Anyhow I purchased my unit from Ecost.com I"m hear they aren't HK Authorized, I was a little shocked by that but oh well. I have yet to e-mail HK about this problem but I doubt it will be an issue to have my warranty kept. The savings were well worth it for me. I paid $383.** CAD (price to the door, taxes in), The AVR-230 costs $1092.49 taxes in at Future Shop -- I know that the 230 is a better unit than the 225 as it's a newer unit and has some extra features like 7.1 sound. But the savings just can't be had anyway else :) ... I can pick up some REALLY nice speakers now with that extra cash.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
If you buy an HK in or from the US, the warranty will definitely NOT be honoured in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks